KY. Diamond Mining and Developing Co.

BnatNWA

Jun 27, 2024
Hello,
I just picked up a corporate seal press that stamps out a seal for "Kentucky Diamond Mining and Developing Company, South Dakota". I've not been able to find anything for this entity. I have found one thread that came from this forum that talks about "Kentucky Diamond Mining and Developing Co. Minneapolis". I'd like to see what I can find out about this company. Anybody have any info?

Thanks
BC

Welcome to Tnet

Are you sure it doesnā€™t say ā€œDevelopmentā€ rather than ā€œDevelopingā€?

In 1907, the Kentucky Diamond Mining and Development Company built and operated North Americaā€™s first commercial diamond washing test plant, following the discovery of a mineral-rich kimberlite deposit along Ison Creek in Elliot County, Kentucky in 1884.

Itā€™s also reported that gold was discovered there and they mined that too. Between 1910-1912 they were in a legal dispute with the Kentucky Transvaal Diamond Company in relation to what rights they had to ā€˜mineralsā€™ in general and what exactly was covered by the generic term in the rights they had been granted.

Don;t know how long they were in business, or what activities they may have had in Minneapolis or South Dakota.

Welcome to Tnet

Are you sure it doesnā€™t say ā€œDevelopmentā€ rather than ā€œDevelopingā€?

In 1907, the Kentucky Diamond Mining and Development Company built and operated North Americaā€™s first commercial diamond washing test plant, following the discovery of a mineral-rich kimberlite deposit along Ison Creek in Elliot County, Kentucky in 1884.

Itā€™s also reported that gold was discovered there and they mined that too. Between 1910-1912 they were in a legal dispute with the Kentucky Transvaal Diamond Company in relation to what rights they had to ā€˜mineralsā€™ in general and what exactly was covered by the generic term in the rights they had been granted.

Don;t know how long they were in business, or what activities they may have had in Minneapolis or South Dakota.
Thanks for that info. I found the same in regards to "development" vs "developing". This one definitely says developing. See attached photo. I also got another stamp at the same sale. Unfortunately, it does not stamp as clearly but it's for the Kimberlite Diamond Mining and Washing Company. I believe they are related to the area around the Crater of Diamonds here in Arkansas

Attachments

• Scan_0001.jpg
    Scan_0001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for that info. I found the same in regards to "development" vs "developing". This one definitely says developing. See attached photo. I also got another stamp at the same sale. Unfortunately, it does not stamp as clearly but it's for the Kimberlite Diamond Mining and Washing Company. I believe they are related to the area around the Crater of Diamonds here in Arkansas
Scan_0001.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back