cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 100_1441.jpg
    100_1441.jpg
    862.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_1440.jpg
    100_1440.jpg
    982.9 KB · Views: 75
Sewing machine :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Seen that before can't remember what from, maybe it will come to me.

Upvote 0
I figured it out, it is the end of a vacuum brush roller if you need to change the belt you would have seen it.It is called a beater brush end cap.From Eureka models.If you pull out the center part where the hole is you will find it to be hair that wrapped up in there.26058a.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, either a sewing machine or vacuum cleaner part eh? Why would either machine care if the cloth/carpet is new or worn? Both cloth and carpet come in all kinds of thicknesses and naps. Since I don't use either one, I'm totally ignorant in this area! :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
Back of the Boat is correct. Its from a Eureka vacuum roller end. Its a different fit for new or worn belt I think.

Upvote 0
Here is what I thought, sewing machine part---thWP0XH0YD sewing mach.jpg

Upvote 0
Its definitely from a vintage Eureka upright vacuum cleaner. I remember this part every time I removed the roller to clean out the hair.

Upvote 0
Its from this vacuum. Either Hoover or Eureka. Its the end cap of the roller.

hoover.jpgeureka.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its definitely from a vintage Eureka upright vacuum cleaner. I remember this part every time I removed the roller to clean out the hair.
So, this knob would change the tension on the belt depending on new or used belt? I guess after you put a new belt on, you would have to turn the knob to the used setting after you ran it a while?

Upvote 0
So, this knob would change the tension on the belt depending on new or used belt? I guess after you put a new belt on, you would have to turn the knob to the used setting after you ran it a while?
Yes I think thats it. Somebody may still have this vacuum and can take a pic. I dont have it anymore.

Upvote 0

Yes but it isn't a knob it is the end cap.You would spin the beater brush around 180 degrees while you had it out of machine then slide it back into the slots on the side of the bottom of the vacuum head.

Upvote 0
So, either a sewing machine or vacuum cleaner part eh? Why would either machine care if the cloth/carpet is new or worn? Both cloth and carpet come in all kinds of thicknesses and naps. Since I don't use either one, I'm totally ignorant in this area! :icon_scratch:

It wasn't for the carpet being new or worn it was for the roller belt of the vacuum.

Upvote 0
Here is a pic of a newer beater brush with end cap although the newer one is plastic.140e530.jpgPut it in one way when new belt flip 180 when worn.

Upvote 0
Yes its not a knob. Its the end cap for the vacuum roller. I circled its location in red. You would turn it 180 and reinsert it, it would be tighter.

Upvote 0
Thanks folks, I'll consider this one solved! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Hey Cudamark... you might too young to remember these. There was a little rubber belt that made the beater go around. After the vacuum ran for a while the belt would stretch... and become loose, then it would slip and the beater would not work like it is supposed to. You could switch that piece around to "tighten" the belt, so the beater would spin again. After it got loose again, you switch it for a new tighter belt.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back