Knife what is it

Toledo - being a city in Spain.

Sort of a Moroccan style curved dagger.

I would go with "abrecartas"

Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
The guy on the bay has an assinine price, it is a cheap grade tourist piece even though it is cool looking.

Upvote 0
Kirpan ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480621975.568623.jpg

Upvote 0
Even though the products in the last decades marked "Toledo" are known "copies" and tourist type repops....

Did you know...

Toledo steel, known historically as unusually hard, is from Toledo, Spain, which has been a traditional sword-making, steel-working center since about 500 BC, and came to the attention of Rome when used by Hannibal in the Punic Wars. Soon, it became a standard source of weaponry for Roman legions.

Toledo steel was famed for its very high quality alloy, whereas Damascus steel, a competitor from the Middle Ages onward, was famed for a specific metal-working technique

Upvote 0
The guy on the bay has an assinine price, it is a cheap grade tourist piece even though it is cool looking.

Concur wholeheartedly! BTW, I found another photo that was almost identical to the OP pic. It was on etsy but it was a really small photo of something already sold. Due to the image size I chose not to post it in my reply. No price listed but it was a more honest description of being a replica.

Upvote 0
It wasn't made in Spain, it was made in North Africa for the G.I. tourist trade. Mine dates to ww-2 and is engraved PureSteel Victory in english, the phrase means nothing, and " Toledo " probably means nothing as well, they could even be referring to Toledo, Ohio, alot of these daggers are around and were brought back by G.I.'s serving in Africa and the Middle East and most of them have some sort of non-sensical markings on them, I think it was a language barrier thing. On the up side, these things were hand-made and I know it would take me a couple of weeks to make one, so mine isn't for sale.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back