Knickerbockers pie eaters club

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• knickerbocker1.JPG
    knickerbocker1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 298
  • knickerbocker2.jpg
    knickerbocker2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 304
Re: Knickerbocker's pie eaters club

I can think of a number of things, but bakery promotional token comes to mind first.
DG

Upvote 0

75 years ago: Lively competition developed among members of the Knicker Pie Eater club of Robbins' store in the contest for 10 prizes offered to members who could draw the best picture of "Tim," the editor of the Knicker, the official Pie Eaters' Magazine. A large number of the 800 members of the Pie Eaters' club entered into the competition.

Back pages
Gazette, The (Colorado Springs), Nov 8, 2000

Upvote 0

I understand the "several things you can think of". I myself had the thought of some type of risque token.....
Scott

Upvote 0

Gypsy, do you have a link?
Scott

Upvote 0

Gypsy, That's close--Knicker pie eaters, however it is knickerbocker. Knickerbocker is, from my searching, associated with New York.
Very close, but I'm still not sure....
Scott

Upvote 0

It does say Knicker! No wonder you couldn't find it when you Googled "Knickerbocker".

(BTW, knickers are what we call underwear over here....)

Upvote 0

Gypsy,
My bad. You are right. My humblest apologies. I guess that means I got a glitch in my loupe or else I need to finally clean it. As old as I am, my eyes don't work all that good. I used to think that I didn't need glasses, but instead thought that my arms weren't long enough to hold an item in front of me. Guess I'll have to go to the dollar store and get some reading glasses. Or I could borrow a pair from Fred Sanford's glasses drawer.
Thanks.
Scott

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back