Kinda slow in the water this week but history was saved.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to two sites I only go to if there's a lot of rain ie hurricane remnants. No silver unfortunately. But did save a complete two piece button made in Waterbury Connecticut. It was made by Ives, Kendrick and co (1830s to 1847) by 1847 it was renamed Waterville mfg Co. Found one in the dirt not far from here back in 2021 so ive done a lot of research on them already.
Also found a lipstick tube , a piece of icebox hardware, a broach that somehow has all its stones, an accordion reed, few wheatys 1919,1920, and 2x 194? Ones, a bicentennial clad quarter, piece of stained glass window and a non pin type ceramic insulator.

At least it was pretty in the water. Sometimes it's better scenery than finds. How the hobby goes.

Attachments

• 20240811_164714.jpg
    20240811_164714.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • 20240811_204607.jpg
    20240811_204607.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Upvote 15
Way cool finds! :headbang:
Thank you. I started detecting in rapids and only managed a lone wheaty and $2.77 in change. Nothing like fast water to you knees to force you to swing slow. I got tired of it and went for a walk for calmer water where the button, latch and lipstick tube came from.

I went to two sites I only go to if there's a lot of rain ie hurricane remnants. No silver unfortunately. But did save a complete two piece button made in Waterbury Connecticut. It was made by Ives, Kendrick and co (1830s to 1847) by 1847 it was renamed Waterville mfg Co. Found one in the dirt not far from here back in 2021 so ive done a lot of research on them already.
Also found a lipstick tube , a piece of icebox hardware, a broach that somehow has all its stones, an accordion reed, few wheatys 1919,1920, and 2x 194? Ones, a bicentennial clad quarter, piece of stained glass window and a non pin type ceramic insulator.

At least it was pretty in the water. Sometimes it's better scenery than finds. How the hobby goes.
great saves for sure

A lot of times MDing is a reason (excuse?) for me to get out, enjoy the scenery and take pictures. I have been finding less and less but still enjoy the outings.
I hear you on taking pictures of scenery. I do as well , bit dont often post them because they aren't very generic looking. Not easy to get here(if you are not in a kayak) and not loaded at least so far but it's pretty.

Attachments

• 20240811_154840.jpg
    20240811_154840.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back