KillerB wireless design flaws

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought a pair of the KillerB Wireless headphones for use with my Manticore.
Mostly I am happy, but there are design flaws that need some sort of correction (in my opinion).
These have a red button to turn them on and off, and a black button to pair them.
There is also a bright light to indicate charging and operation.
Here are my observations:
When detecting at night there is an annoying flashing blue light on the side that is like a beacon and can be seen for up to a mile away. I don't want to attract attention to others and wish there was a switch to turn this off.
Number two. When putting these in my trunk or setting them down it is really easy to bump the ON button. Care must be used to keep from not turning them on accidentaly.
Has anyone else had these annoying issues. I like the phones, but this stuff is a no go for me.

I don't know about the "On" button issue, but for the blue light, can't you just put a piece of tape over it?

Both those buttons should have been at the top, better protected by the head strap yoke.
If you have the skills, you could open up the clamshell and redrill holes space permitting, also might need to solder on extensions to the existing wires to reach the new position.

Quick fix would be to glue a black tube around the switch that is level with the top surface, that way it can still be accessed by finger point.

I recently bought a pair of the KillerB Wireless headphones for use with my Manticore.
Mostly I am happy, but there are design flaws that need some sort of correction (in my opinion).
These have a red button to turn them on and off, and a black button to pair them.
There is also a bright light to indicate charging and operation.
Here are my observations:
When detecting at night there is an annoying flashing blue light on the side that is like a beacon and can be seen for up to a mile away. I don't want to attract attention to others and wish there was a switch to turn this off.
Number two. When putting these in my trunk or setting them down it is really easy to bump the ON button. Care must be used to keep from not turning them on accidentaly.
Has anyone else had these annoying issues. I like the phones, but this stuff is a no go for me.
I have a pair of Bluetooth earphones which I got to listen to things in bed at night when I cant sleep. They too have the blue flashing light. Might be tiny but it strobes the room blue with the lights off. Its stupid, because they are in your ears and you are listening to something so duh I know they are working I dont need the light to flash. I get maybe the flash when you take them off and see you forgot to turn them off but during the day its difficult to see it anyway so pointless. Night is a pain and if your out at night who wants a flashing light on their head. Agree, its a pain and annoying.

Both those buttons should have been at the top, better protected by the head strap yoke.
If you have the skills, you could open up the clamshell and redrill holes space permitting, also might need to solder on extensions to the existing wires to reach the new position.

Quick fix would be to glue a black tube around the switch that is level with the top surface, that way it can still be accessed by finger point.
Or, I could return them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back