Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    561.9 KB · Views: 81
The house and property are owned by the local historical society. They are in the process of demo/ restoration of the original 1816 house and 1817 granary building. DeepseekerADS and I hunted for a couple of hours in the yard and everything {including pull tabs} that was dug goes to them. So far nothing that is as old as the house has been found but we are hopeful.

Upvote 0
We also found quite a few square and cut nails. door hinges, and Steve found an old lantern base. I found a zincoln and Steve found a clad dime.

Everything we find here goes to the historical society, and they got an eleven cent donation today!

We will continue helping them. It's nice to be appreciated as crazy detectorists!

Upvote 0
Doesn't anybody have an idea about this piece? I thought it was my find of the day.

Upvote 0
Doesn't anybody have an idea about this piece? I thought it was my find of the day.

Hey Steve, your unknown piece was my search project last night. For over an hour, I searched for lock, latch, hasp related pieces, lock strikes, key hole plates, old trunk pieces, cabinet and desk hardware, and came up empty. I also think it's key hole, or lock related, but unfortunately struck out. Good luck man, gave it my best shot.

Upvote 0
Thanks Krey Gelder! I found this behind the remains of the stone wall at the front of the property where the sidewalk from the house came out. It looks so familiar but I just can't name it.

Upvote 0
I am thinking more garter/suspender clip than keyhole cover, gents.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back