Key or ?

pistol-pete

Nov 4, 2012
Custer County, CO. at 9300 Ft.
Detector(s) used
1970 Garrett Hunter, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen these before and either can't remember or never knew what it is. Guess a key of some sort.
Any info appreciated. IMG_0836.JPG

I would guess old school natural gas key, a size reference would help narrow it down.

Upvote 0
It looks like it may have come out of some gizmo that needed winding. Would have been inset to the object up to the end of that part with the flange on it.

Depending on it's size, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
Here's a WAG for you. I had a diesel engine that had a little lever like that on the fuel lift pump so it could be manually pumped to work the diaphragm and bleed air out of the fuel line.

lift_pump.jpg

It felt like the flat part of your looks. I say that as I never saw it - having been installed in such a way that no adult human could possibly reach it unless hanging upside down; and at no time ever possibly see it.

Upvote 0
35 years ago when I was a kid my dad use to race pigeons, kinda reminds me of the key that went into a clock to check the bird in when it returned home, turn the key and it would stamp the date and time on a leg band, I think that's how it worked?

Upvote 0
35 years ago when I was a kid my dad use to race pigeons, kinda reminds me of the key that went into a clock to check the bird in when it returned home, turn the key and it would stamp the date and time on a leg band, I think that's how it worked?

That's along my thought line- wind up key for a grandfather or cuckoo clock

Upvote 0
Without knowing the size, to me it looks like a foot pedal off a piano.

Upvote 0
actuator for old vending machine ?

Upvote 0
Sorry I forgot to give size. It's 3.25" tall and 2.25" wide handle. Hope that helps and many thanks. Pete

Upvote 0
Could we please see a pic of the other side of the lever?

Is that a wear mark on the end portion of the lever in your first pic, or just 'as cast' ?

Upvote 0
I THINK IT IS A FLIPPER FROM AN OLD PINBALL MACHINE.

Upvote 0
21214DBsYQL.jpg321659226919.jpgmlgqKTDUdYpTUcaFrPhJzrw.jpgmaxresdefault.jpgsafe key.jpgIt's a change key for safe combination locks. It unlocks the wheels so a new combination can be set in the lock. Use many different styles depending on manufacturer, model, and age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back