kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you guys got me excited pointing out that my V nickel was a rare, key date. I was pretty fired up till I went back and looked at it. It is not in very good shape. The date side is what I remembered and it is the best. The back side, you can barely see the V. I think my dreams of selling this one off may have taken a serious hit. I am still pretty happy I found it in a place I had hit so hard. Usually, I am happy with any nickel I can see a date on, so I guess I have to like this one till a better one comes along.

Attachments

• 1885Front 001.jpg
    1885Front 001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 424
  • 1885back 004.jpg
    1885back 004.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 440
Upvote 0
Be happy with that. It is a good find and where there is one..... :icon_sunny:

Good stuff! I found one about two years ago in the same shape. I sold mine but I now regret it. :'( It is the only find I have ever sold.

Nice key date. :icon_thumleft:

G-4 is $625-650. I'm sure if you put it on EBAY, you could get $400-500 at least. :headbang: Of course "I" would never sell it if it were mine! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Any key date is always a great find! :thumbsup: If you did choose to sell I'm sure you would still do quite well. Collectors are always looking for a filler coin until they can find/afford a better one.

hogge said:
G-4 is $625-650. I'm sure if you put it on EBAY, you could get $400-500 at least. :headbang: Of course "I" would never sell it if it were mine! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Awesome find! Always a treat pulling out key date coins! I checked recent eBay auctions and looks like you could get around $100 for it. Certainly better than a sharp stick in the eye!

Awesome find Congratulations!!
TTH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back