kentucky gold

Hi Jim and welcome,
Unfortunately you live in one of two states that gold was never commercially mined due to it being very scarce there. Hawaii being the other. However Tom Masse of the GPAA and the Gold Fever show did find gold in KY. I don't remember where he was. The GPAA mining guide only mentions lost treasure sites and gem sites. Check with the GPAA state director in Tenn. as KY doesn't have one. His name is Chuck Pharis phone # is 818-802-1603 and email is [email protected] in Coker Creek Tn. He may be able to help you. Another thing to do is buy a copy of Gold Prospector magazine and in the back section is a list of all the state directors and maybe you will find one closer to you.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

One word: google!

jim all i have heard is theres no gold in ky.i use to live in bell county ky but now i live in harrogate tn its really about 20mins away but i have found some color in bell county in a creek on family own land.

My name is Jim im new at this i live in ky and looking for ky gold, can anyone head me in the right direction in where to look for gold in ky. thanks for any help[/QUOTE
What part of ky do you live in Jim? I find gold here on a regular basis, mostly fines, some flakes close to picker sized. Pm me and I'll give you more info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back