✅ SOLVED Keep finding these at old farm house sites

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
image-2145026736.jpg

Not sure what these are but I never seam to find them intact?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mason jar tops.

Tim

Upvote 0
Ok I googled them and yes they are Boyd's porcelain lined caps, says often found where the outhouse would have been , learn something every day lol

Upvote 0
Ok I googled them and yes they are Boyd's porcelain lined caps, says often found where the outhouse would have been , learn something every day lol

I would be probing for the outhouse if that was the case. All kinds of good stuff could be waiting for you to dig up.

Upvote 0
Does the one with a Maltese cross on it say "Hero" on it or HFJC? Meaning "Hero Fruit Jar Company". I am no expert but the one's with the cross are much rarer then the ones with out. At least in my area finding on is very rare.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does the one with a Maltese cross on it say "Hero" on it or HFJC? Meaning "Hero Fruit Jar Company". I am no expert but the one's with the cross are much rarer then the ones with out. At least in my area finding on is very rare.
It does have hfjc on it , to bad it's broken

Upvote 0
I would be probing for the outhouse if that was the case. All kinds of good stuff could be waiting for you to dig up.
I've heard of probing for the old priveys , is there a method used to determine where they are ?

Upvote 0
I dont know why I enjoy finding those so much but I do. I have a whole stack of them at home. Haven't found one broken (or broken when when recovering) yet though!

Upvote 0
I dont know why I enjoy finding those so much but I do. I have a whole stack of them at home. Haven't found one broken (or broken when when recovering) yet though!
I really hate finding these, lol. They almost always give a tone like silver. Always a disappointment to see zinc instead of the good stuff:BangHead:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back