Kansas Quarter high price

are they "S" mints ?
Maby Silver Proofs

Maby DEEP CAMEO.? may be frosted Clad Proofs

What's the Headline read, I'll look

2005 KANSAS BISON PROOF QUARTER ROLL 40 COINS DCAM MINT item 3971830686 it's completed, but there are many others.

Yea, that's what I thought.

? The Detail is Frosted & the Backround Highly Polished.

I'm not 100% shure, but I think DCAM is DEEP CAMEO.

As for the Price ? well that's up to the Buyer & seller.
Personally, Not my Cup-a-Tea ;)

jeff of pa said:
Yea, that's what I thought.

The Detail is Frosted & the Backround Highly Polished.

I'm not 100% shure, but I think DCAM is DEEP CAMEO.

As for the Price ? well that's up to the Buyer & seller.
Personally, Not my Cup-a-Tea ;)

I found two 1987 quarters awhile back. They were just as you discribed, frosted head and highly finished. Does such a thing exsist for this year, and if so are they worth anything? Maybe if you don't know somebody else can help.

lets_go,
I got a Frosted Nickel in Change once.

I think they make them for all us coins.
And Yes, that's what were discussing 2005's

? I just re-spent it.

? ? I see their is a market on EBay for them tho.

Deep Cameo is the first strikes off highly polished coin dies. They are struck multiple times and the mint sells these Proof Coins to collectors and in Proof sets. Deep cameo is the most desirable of the proofs designations with proof 69 deep cameo and proof 70 deep cameo being the most sought after grades.These grades are obtained thru 3rd party grading companies such as PCGS and NGC for a fee.

HH

HI GUYS, ALL PROOF COINS MINTED NOW ARE CAMEO. THERE ARE VARIATIONS IN TEXTURE TO DESIGNATE DEEP OR ULTRA CAMEO. GRADING FIRMS MAKE A LIVING OFF INVENTING NEW VARIATIONS!!!! LOL MOST ALL PROOF COINS SINCE THE EARLY '70'S ARE CAMEO TO SOME DEGREE. P.S. DON'T SPEND THEM IF YOU GET THEM- GIVE THEM TO ME!!!! LOL
THANKS,
GREG

Seems like a really high price to me. I have been collecting sets from the U.S. Mint since 1999. All the mint proof and silver proof are deep cameo with a frosted look. The quarters, halves and dimes in silver proof sets are 90% silver and 10% copper. The price usually is high for resale depending on the mintage. I have the 1999 silver proof set which consists of 9 coins, I paid about $37.50 for the set from the mint, resale is now between $300.00 and $350.00. Just my two cents worth if intrested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back