K River 8/17-8/18

Man as much as I would love to go my gf is having shoulder surgery on the 15th. I'm sure she will need my help around here. Maybe next time things will be settled down here and can meet you up there. I'm going to my parents place Sunday and try my luck. I can't wait to see pics from your trip good luck and hope your pan is full!
Okla. prospector

My son and I may be there! I am trying to make a scuba diving trip, but I'm afraid all the recent and upcoming rain will blow out the vis. Im waiting a little longer to decide which direction to drive.

Jason / silver fiend put up a twenty min video of the k dredging trip that we were up there.

Good Gold for the area.

[\/]ike

Nice Vid

Jason nice video of all of us working it in Oklahoma thanx for making me famous.That was a great clean up you had.That River is very strange on the gold.Now if I can get my Proline on a pocket like that.

The river came up a couple weeks ago, I wonder if my hole is gone or if I could pick up where I stopped? Next time I'm there, I'm going to do more cleanups so I can see if there is a difference between the flood layer, the hardpack and (hopefully) the bedrock. I got a masonry spike to break up that concrete hardpack. I'm not letting it slow me down to a crawl again.

Jason / silver fiend put up a twenty min video of the k dredging trip that we were up there.

Good Gold for the area.

[\/]ike

Sorry Mike! I thought you were the one with the screen name goldsmith.

Don't let that pic fool you. You stick a camera close enough to flour gold and it will look big too! :laughing7:

Hey, Jason. Use the Blaster that Jeff got from Ace Hardware. It works great and you wont wear yourself out or risk hitting your son. Plus, it will breakdown that hardpack into a slurry, instead of chunks going up the nozzle.

[\/]ike

No, this isn't typical hardpack, I have a blaster nozzle for that. The stuff I was working through was literally like it was cemented together. The blaster nozzle did nothing to it so I had to use a pick (which I broke) the get the stuff to come out.

Man if there is anyway I can make it down there I will try but like I said I don't think my girlfriend will be up to it. I would love to go down there and meet all of you guys in person. Any ways I will post some pics of my trip tomorrow at my parents creek and show you guys what I get. So far every time I have dredged in there creek I have got flour gold from it. I'm planning on dredging a little long tomorrow at it, I hope I get some good pic to share.

Heading down to the river! Hope to see ya'll this weekend!

Hey Jason, the river is moving at 1420 cfs as of 2pm today and still rising with the rains. I believe they are expecting more rain. I will probably not be there this weekend. If you do go watch out for debri in the water way.

Where are you getting your data? I just looked at the USGS data site and it shows a current flow of 59cfs with a gauge height of 2.6 feet, which is only 6 inches higher than the last time we were there. the USACE site for Sardis lake only shows a half inch of rain and a gate release of 10cfs.

My mistake, the river is at 2.35 feet so it's 3.5 inches higher. This was of 45 minutes ago. They should update in another 15.

Jason check the Clayton gage upstream been rising all day should level off soon I think I am still going but I have a plan b on private land

They are far apart water is working its way down. In June antlers showed 500 and Clayton was 9000. I will be there it will drop fast and I have been there at 1500 before. Plus I have other options down there with Mike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back