Just ordered me a 5X8 DD for my ATPro!

pencil5757

Apr 29, 2006
Jasper Texas
Detector(s) used
-Garrett AT-PRO, Ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should get it in a couple of days he said. After all the good talk on here I'm looking forward to it, I love the ATP so I can go back over my favorite places.
hello2.gif

Will do I'm looking forward to the lighter coil also as I have a bad shoulder that bothers me after a couple of hours.

Will do I'm looking forward to the lighter coil also as I have a bad shoulder that bothers me after a couple of hours.

You will love the smaller coil! When I had the AT Pro the smaller coil was all I used. If I ever get another ATP I WILL invest in a straight shaft for better balance and less shoulder fatigue!

Your not gonna take it off.

It's my go to coil for new areas. I do put the stock coil on when I hit the water and sometimes to go over an area I have hit hard with the 5 X 8.

I hit 10" pretty regularly, and also get signals that are deeper and don't register with depth or signal number. Heard so much about the 5 X 8 coil, When I got my ATP, I immediately put the 5 X 8 on, so I couldn't tell you the difference between the 5 X 8 and the stock coil.

I
I hit 10" pretty regularly, and also get signals that are deeper and don't register with depth or signal number. Heard so much about the 5 X 8 coil, When I got my ATP, I immediately put the 5 X 8 on, so I couldn't tell you the difference between the 5 X 8 and the stock coil.

That's as good as the stock coil gets!

I have hundreds of hours with stock coil before I put on the 5x8.now hundreds of hours on 5x8.I have hunted the same places with both and I honestly have noticed no differance in depth.What I have noticed is a differance in my finds.I can hunt much longer and get the 5x8 up under bushes,in between boulders etc.

I cant actually imagine putting stock back on,machine is just too comfortable and competant with 5x8

you gonna love it !!!!good move

I was a skeptic about that small coil... But since I purchased it when i bought my detector new, I figured I better try it... I am sure glad I bought it and I most likely will never take it off. I am debating buying a large NEL coil to user in some open fields though...
That 5x8 sure can sniff out the cool items, and do out ALL Day long...

I've used the stock coil for over 4 yrs now, I got the 5x8 last year . The big difference I noticed was with the smaller coil was the vdi and tones. I was getting high tones and high vdi's on trash at about 6" and deeper "pull tabs/beaver tails".I put the stock coil back on.

I'll get the mid tones on those items now, but it is only because of hunting in pro zero... Both coils will give those tones for those items in pro zero. Yeah, yeah is part of the game, unless you're strictly a coin shooter...

Any detector will have trouble IDing deep targets!

I've used the stock coil for over 4 yrs now, I got the 5x8 last year . The big difference I noticed was with the smaller coil was the vdi and tones. I was getting high tones and high vdi's on trash at about 6" and deeper "pull tabs/beaver tails".I put the stock coil back on.

Some units or coils or brands do better IDing at depth! So go for solid repeatable even if very weak or different sounding signal

I got the coil in today but it's flooding so tomorrow maybe!

I got the coil in today but it's flooding so tomorrow maybe!

Went out for a few hours and found my first silver in a while and a lot more I areas I've hunted at an old rodeo arena for years I think (I'm in Love)!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back