Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 530
Welcome to Mugs!! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you! Welcome to the crazy family! :D :D

Hi,prolab69. Welcome to Mugs.

HH,
Pepper

Welcome to TNet! My relatives on Dad's side where from NY. :)

Great to see ya! Looking forward to seeing & reading about your finds.

;) RR

welcome_cat_3.gif

Attachments

• welcome_cat_3.gif
    welcome_cat_3.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 343
Hey prolab. Welcome! Really strange to see someone else from Trumansburg. I used to live there many years ago on McClellan St. and also on Washington St. Can't have grown too much around there. I'd like to go back for a visit someday but always have too much other stuff going on.

Wow, Packer! im surprised to see someone from this area, im actually in the Reynoldsville area, but T-burg zip code, theres a detecting buddy of mine who also posts on here, his name is Mudswat. im actually from the hudson valley area but moved here a few years ago. id really like to take a ride back to Kingston area and do some swinging some day because the history of the area goes back a 100 years more.

thanks for the replys
HH
Doug

I'm familiar with Mudswat. I was telling him some time ago about detecting the old fairgrounds area just out of T-Burg towards Ithaca. I don't know what the area is like now but that is where the fairgrounds used to be. That's a neat area. We used to net freshwater smelt at night time on the creek between Cauga Lake and Taughannock Falls. Climbing the falls was a right of passage back in those days. It was tricky as the sides of the falls were shale and crumbly. My friend and I sold sweetcorn from a boat to the cottage owners on the lake. Rod Serling of "Twilight Zone" fame was one of our best customers. After we sold all the corn we would use that money to keep gas in the boat for the rest of the weekend.
As a matter of fact, my grandfather and great grandfather worked at the Ithaca Gun Co. in the years before that. Like I say, nice area but you can have the winters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back