Just joined, Northern California kid looking for advice

California Kidd

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Ive been reading this site for a few months and finally decided to get out and search. I was recently laid off from work and now have a ton of free time on my hands. I dont have a MD yet but in a few days i will be traveling up to Placerville to do some work on my buddies property. His Grandfather left him some land up there and there is even an old abandoned mine on his property. In exchange for my work ive asked him to lend me his MD for a few days to get a feel for things. My problem is i have no idea where to start. I want to search his property, my buddy says his Grandpa lived there all his life, so there could be some cool stuff. But I also wouldnt mind hitting some Ghosttowns nearby, I have read here that Ghosttowns are pretty much a bust, but I wouldnt mind looking around, especially Deadwood CA or even Last Chance. I would probably be better off searching his property or even a nearby school or park. Just looking for any advice anyone can give.

Go to youtube and type in metal detecting (add specific places etc.) and sit back and watch..............VERY educational. Good Luck!

welcome good luck detecting, be careful around the old mines

Unfortunately my trip to Placerville didnt come through. My buddy got a bad case of poison ivy, apparently he got it while climbing a tree to retrieve a model rocket. His face was swollen so bad that he couldnt see out of either eye! Will make my way up there in the coming weeks, keep you guys posted as to what i find.

Welcome to the best site on the WWW From Georgia and Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back