Just got an ace 250, first MD!!!

Harley digs it

Jun 27, 2005
New Brunswick, Canada
I have been watching this forum for about 3 weeks since I thought I wanted to get a MD. Found a lot of great info which I think helped me out today, thanks guys!

So the detector arrived sometime today while I was at work. I rushed to the post office ASAP with my little piece of paper that screamed give me my MD now please. Of course there was a line up and I had to wait tapping my toes and fidgeting around like a little boy waiting for his parents to wake up on Christmas lol.

I rushed home pet the dog and began to unwrap my new toy. Lucky for me an 8 year old could put this detector together. So now comes the thought, do I read the manual or jump right into it? After all I've read this forum for 3 weeks I know it all right, not lol. I read the manual and find it doesn't really tell me a lot. Then I look at my watch ouch time for baseball lol no MDing for me yet. By the way we lost our game BOO!

So get home from Baseball and the wife rolls her eyes and gives me a look, in the door and out the door with my MD (kisses for wife for letting me buy it). I go down to the high school lucky for me its right down the road. After a few holes of what I thought were coins nothing, but I kept getting the nice tones which I can tell are good tones it says the same thing same depth 2". But wait my hole is now 8" across and a foot deep, hmmm? Like and good person who wants to do well in the hobby I recover the holes and think this thing is broken. Nope my next 2 dings coins strong coins dinging away. I came home when the flies had just about taken a pint of blood and I couldn't see in the dark. Found $2.10 in clad woot, first time out.

I get home to show my wife my prize, she didn't think I'd find anything. I reach into my black nylon pocket that came with the detector to show her that her man could dig, and guess what nothing was there they fell out while I was busy chasing a pull tab ouch. Well that did it I was mad my first finds gone lost, I grab my flash light and brave the mosquitoes again. Lucky for me After a little bit of luck and a bit of profane language I find the next place I dug by the bleachers of the football Field and find my finds few. My wife thinks I'm crazy now lol :-\.

Here they are a 1996 Canadian 2$ coin and oddly enough an American 1965 Dine(By the way I'm Canadian lol thats why it was odd).

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0
Hey! Way ta go Harley!!!! If I can do this.......anybody can!!! ;) Glad you decided to join us!! I know your gonna have a great time!

Congratulations on you $4.40 day!!! Your gonna find lots more tomorrow!

;)

Nice going Harley, you did good your first time out. I have never seen a 2 dollar coin on here yet. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the story and pics.

Welcome harley,you did great your first time out!!WTG! I have never seen a $2 canadian coin, thanx for posting. Your story was great too.Keep posting.

Welcome to the forum and hobby Harley,Grats on the new toy and first finds.Look forward to more.HH

Thanks guys for the responce. Cant wait to go out again maybe tonight after my baseball game.

I think I have an untapped area to search due to the fact that I've never seen anybody else in my area with a detector. So far I'm just going to stick with the parks and high schools in my area till I get the hang of it. I have found an area with abandoned log cabins which is very hard to see from the highway that runs right by them I think the land they were on was bought by the government to build the highway through that area. At any rate they look old and all the doors and widows are gone. I might hit them after I get into gear. Also a few historic sites around from forts of the 1812 war to old school houses.

Well cheers all and thanks for the the responce.

Welcome, Harley to the forum and to a great hobby ! You've got a good detector to work with. Just hang in there and as you learn your machine and get experience, the hunting will get better. The main thing is, have fun ! Good Luck and Happy Hunting in the future !

Huntin' 59er

Hehe thanks he's my big baby, weighs 78 pounds. He has a sad story to tell though.

He was very badly abused b4 I got him, his tail was broken in 3 places, his ears were cut by razorblades, and he was tied to a tree in the woods with fishing wire around his neck which left scars. He was there for almost a month in October when a hunter found him he was almost dead from starvation. The pound was going to put him down because he was so far gone and completely wild.

I couldn't let it happen so I took him and got him back to a diecent weight. Then came to chore of teaching him the cat in the picture was not a meal as he thought anything smaller then him was. Took a month off from work to train him so I could trust him around the cat, and as you can see they love each other now. They even clean each other and wrestle, the cat even sneaks up on him and attacks his neck and runs like hell after.

The people who gave him to me couldn't believe he turned out they thought that I would return him only to have him put down. No way that will ever happen.

Con-grats!

Welcome aboard, good luck, and post many finds ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

Great stories, Harley. Both of them.

That's a sad story about your dog....with a happy ending. You sound like a great person. Welcome aboard!

bigrig40 said:
great story and welcome to the addiction!

peace,bigrig
LOL Yea welcome to the Addiction. Nice to see ya and I got to go detect now. Hugs ,kisses, I'm out the door honey and dont forget too feed the dog. ROFL Welcome Harley. You will love it here. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back