kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

My new year's resolution was to get out and metal detect more this year with it being my last semester of medical school and me taking some electives + vacation before I start general surgery residency which = almost zero detecting time for 5 years! Basically, until July 1st, I have quite a bit of time off and am going to take advantage of it, plus I should post more to keep those in the north who can't hunt entertained. So far, I've got about as much clad this year as last but am very far behind on jewelry, today was an example why.

Today's hunt was at a park near my apartment where so far this year I have found all my silver jewelry. I pulled $3.86 in clad (9q, 9d, 10n, 21p) and 141 (yes, I counted) pieces of can slaw, pull tabs and assorted trash. I can't wait to find that gold ring hiding in the bunch of junk but it will have to be another day. Also, got one house key. It's a huge park but not all that old and has the convenience of being within walking distance.

As always, happy hunting!

IMAG1616.jpg
IMAG1618.jpg

Upvote 12
I guess life is getting in the way of your fun.
You're just getting started and I'm getting ready to retire .
Don't worry Doc,,
You will find a time for rest and relaxation,, let's just hope you are not to tired to enjoy swinging a coil.

at least you got out to swing...i've been stuck in the house with a foot or so of snow everywhere...sucks. grats on the finds

"Just clad and trash".... Sounds like a hard rock album for Mdrs...

"Ladies and Gentleman... Please welcome.... CRAZY COIL POSSE ! ! ! who just went quadruple Rhodium with their new hit single JUST CLAD AND TRASH" ! ! !

Thanks for posting this helps me deal with the cold crappy weather

Guess you better detect while you can!
Best of luck on your surgical residency.
Nice finds!
Thanks for sharing!

Way to little metal detecting on your part. You need to prioritize!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back