Just back from last dredge trip of the year!

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to share a little color with everyone.Just got back from sumpter Or, Went back and hit the same river as last time but had my wetsuit with this time.The water over there in this particular creek runs right out of the mountians and is shaded,also it hasn't traveled very far before it gets to where i have been dredging and it is COLD BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 592
Wow, nice color! That is some very chunky gold you have there, I wish that was more common in my area. Personally, I seem to find a lot of dust, tiny flakes and small wire gold. I have only managed to find 3 sub-pickers so far.

It sure looks like it to me and your right.......better get it seperated!

Yes that would be mercury,there is a lot of it in that area.Have already got it cleaned up and put away.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 553
Out of curiosity, how do you seperate out the mercury? Love that yellow shiney! Monty

Jog,
Nice Oregon gold you got there, with a lot of nice coarse pieces it looks like. :icon_thumright:

daleshark

I put the gold into an old pan.Turn on a fan behind me outside and then just go over the gold with a small torch.Only takes a few seconds and it's gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back