Just a Silver kind of day!

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Well I was a silver magnet on this hunt. Three of us went out but only I came back victorious :laughing7: The guys said that we were each meant to find a piece and I just wouldn't share ::) I told them they just weren't trying hard enough. The ring and the Roosevelt read great. The cross kept bouncing, nickel-penny, penny-nickel. But as it was my lucky day I dug it and am thinking about turning it into a necklace. I'm also very proud of the ring. I have found a great many silver rings but never a plan solid one. The simplicity of it almost makes it more beautiful. Besides the silver I also had a record breaking quarter day, 21 in all. I tell ya if you want a detector that can add the 2500 is for you! Three different times I had a target reading 50 cents and each time out popped two quarters stuck together :laughing9: Also dug a lens to a camera, my first of these as well and kinda surprised I didn't break the glass. Last thing is the knife. Be carefull when you dig guys and gals. The knife was extended as you see it and is now rusted that way (I don't know yet how to store the pointy thing. I can't just put it in a bag. It would just tear through.) Luckily I dug the back end first but that was purely by chance. I could have easily sliced my hand open feeling around in the dirt for this thing. It sure made me rethink how careful I was being with my hands. Hope you all enjoy and HH!

TG

Attachments

• clad.jpg
    clad.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 758
  • good stuff.jpg
    good stuff.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 763
  • coins obv date.JPG
    coins obv date.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 769
  • coinsrev.jpg
    coinsrev.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 767
  • jewl.jpg
    jewl.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 766
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 754
  • knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0
Nice finds bud!
I've had a few days like that, but I also have been the one skunked by my buddies. I guess it all evens out in the long run.
Mike

Very nice finds. That is why I use part of a fishing pole for a probe, so I feel things first before my hands do.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Good job on the silver and wheats. Good luck on your next hunt. I'll be out tomorrow, wish me luck!

Dude! One word. "GLOVES" I never go detecting without them anymore. Your keyring knife just illustrates what most every detectorist learns the hard way at some time or another. That there are some SHARP objects lurking in the dirt, sand, or woodchips that we excitedly dig to recover our found treasures. Knives, broken glass, torn metal shards, even sharp rocks sometimes can do a number on your fingers and hands. An inexpensive pair of leather gardening or work gloves can make all the difference in the world. I've gone through several pair in the last couple of years, but I'm not complaining.
Aside from that... YOU MAKE ME SICK! <laughing> Finding all that silver! Your buddies have a right to be jealous! <grin> More power to you my friend. Now get out there and find some more!

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

mikewaz ~ Thanks man! Oh believe me I've been skunked before. I'm just returning the favor! :wink:

EpsilonMinus ~ Thanks, I hunted for about 7 hours. That's usually around how long I hunt when I get a full day to do it. When I go I go all out! :icon_thumright:

Knightwalker ~ Thank you. Yeah I have a probe but I generally just use it once I have the hole dug and I'm doing some careful dirt removal around my silver coin. I can't STAND to scratch a coin.

Rusty Hammer ~ My thoughts exactly, thank you!

TejasDigger ~ Thanks man, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dman ~ Thanks me too! Like I said I'm really thinking about making a necklace out of it to wear. It seams way to big to be an earring in the first place to me.

Frodov ~ I have gloves.....I just don't like wearing them unless it is really cold, like it has been lately. I take them off as soon as I can, like I did on this hunt. I like the feeling of earth in my hands. Know what I mean? Call it my MDing "chi" but it's what I like. I made my buddies sick believe me! ;D I believe some of the comments I heard were "I'm never coming out with you again if you won't share"
:laughing9: It is only a matter of time though before I'm cursing their name when my finds pouch is empty. But until then, I'M OFF TO FIND MORE!!!! :headbang:

nice finds and i cant stand wearing gloves. the only way i were them is if its super cold. ya ive cut my hands pretty good. one day i ruined a brand new sweater i had to cut up part of it for a bandage. willy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back