Just a Gal From Kalamazoo!

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Hello Everyone! I use to post here a few years ago and then got out of it (busy having a baby) well now my baby turned a year old and I'm ready to get back in the swing of things!

I'm from Kalamazoo Michigan! I love metal detecting and dream to be a real treasure hunter one day but for now, I'll stick with combing the beaches and trying to find the big one! :)

I work at Western Michigan University. I long to do something exciting for a living but for now I work in an office.

I'm married and like I said, have a 1 year old daughter named Addison.

Sometimes I wished I lived in the South or somewhere with a little more "history" and "treasures" but for now, it's Michigan. Not too exciting. I'd love to chit-chat with other Michiganders sometime or anybody really :)

Tara

Oh yeah, I'm 28. Thanks for having me here - I'm glad to be back!

Attachments

• l_72ea195d19506e7a57a0c6daf0b96ebf.jpg
    l_72ea195d19506e7a57a0c6daf0b96ebf.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,589
Welcome back! Hope to see some of your finds soon. Take care, and again, welcome!
---Mel

borninok

Hi, nice to meet you. What a lovely baby and mom!

GLH,
Pepper

Welcome! Good ole WMU, I have a couple sweatshirts from there. As near as I can figure they cost about $12,000 each. Got a hat too, About $5,000. Whatever the cost, they were well worth it!!!

Welcome back. Glad you are back with us. Looks like you are holding your best treasure. Look forward to seeing pics of your finds.

Welcome back.
Looks like you found a nice treasure. She is a doll.
Tennessee Joe

Welcome back, Tara. Nice to see ya and Addison...Mommy's lil treasure.

;) RR

Welcome back & congrats on the beauitful baby & if your ever in Ga look me up maybe i could hook you up
on an old spot!!

Welcome back!! I love to see more and more women getting into this great hobby.

Tara,
What could be more exciting than being a mom....don't wish for greener pastures....you've already found it...Steve

stevesno said:
Tara,
What could be more exciting than being a mom....don't wish for greener pastures....you've already found it...Steve

I totally agree....Tara you have a lifetime of pure treasure right there in your arms...the greatest gift of all is a child .
Michigan is a fantastic state...lots of cool treasure sites ...just put that baby in a backpack and go...thats what I did with my girls.
Welcome to Tnet!

Welcome back to the Hobby!!!

Welcome back Tara!!!

Now, before it's too late, are you absolutely SURE that you want to undertake all of this insanity again? I live in W. Michigan about 45 minutes north of Muskegon (Hesperia, if you've ever heard of it). I'm in the National Guard and I drill at Ft Custer every month but haven't detected much down that way. I'm in Iraq right now so I have a lot of detecting to catch up on when I come back home in the Spring.

Beautiful baby too!!!

HH,
SgtSki

Here is another pic from Last year. My daughter is wearing her retainer because she was born with a cleft lip & palate. Luckily we have 2 surgeries down already and she's looking good!

The first picture I posted was Addison at 3 months old, just after her first surgery.

This is her at 2 months old.

Attachments

• IMG801430.JPG
    IMG801430.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 985
KalamazooHunter,

welcome back.

My youngest son was born with a cleft palate;
all worked out well.

Hope we will be seeing some of your finds.

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

Hey a fellow Michigander!

I am Greg and live north of ya in Grand Rapids. I here ya on the whole 'more history' but hey what can you do, its Michigan!

Hello and greetings from the U.P. ;D I've been gone for a few months too (more like 6 0r 7 LOL) Just didnt give myself the time to really get out and do some searching last spring and summer! (that will not happen this year) Although I did get to go and search a possible crime scene/shallow grave in a unsolved murder case the state police are still working on. (that was cool) I also know what you mean about the "down south" stuff and I gotta agree with the "more history" but hey if I could find a coin from the 1800's I'd be one happy fella,and if your finding something even clad it's still way cool. Once this hobby gets ahold of you it's in your blood for good and even when i wasnt going last year i was still thinking about it. Every old house or farm or school house i'd pass i'd wonder what was buried under the yard,in the chicken coop,along the fenceline etc. Anyway welcome back to Tnet this place is awesome. Plus now you can read all the back posts over the rest of the winter and "catch up" like me. HH,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back