jungle agate??

juku

Jan 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone...new to this...I found this neckless in a store that sells various semi precious gemstones, etc..and it is labeled "jungle agate". It's really cool looking so I got it, but then later, I could not find anything about it on the internet, like what part of the world it might have come from, etc. The store owner said that it might have come from some small place in Africa. I could not find exactly anything online called "Jungle agate", but I did find Rainforest Rhyolite, or Rainforest Jasper, but it doesn't look like that because it's too much white? The Rainforest jaspers seem to have much more olive as the "background" color. I tried a scratch test to see if the spots or color would "come off" like if it were a painted bead, but it seemed to run through...although I admit I didn't scratch it too deeply because I didn't want to ruin it. It's a polished oval, flat. It's very light, but I have quartz crystals that are very light. I held it up to the light to observe any transparency because agates are supposed to be able to see light through it to some degree, but it's opaque, so I'm thinking at least it's not an agate but instead some type of jasper. I really appreciate any help!! Thanks in advance...juku

Attachments

• jungle agate_1 (1).jpg
    jungle agate_1 (1).jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 84
  • jungle agate_2 (1).jpg
    jungle agate_2 (1).jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 80
I'm thinking some kind of Azurite or Malachite ??

Upvote 0
DANG THATS A FINE SPECIMAN . MAN THAT STONE IS BEAUTIFUL . WELCOME NEW MEMBER TO TNET ...

Upvote 0
Hi there, I think your stone could be Moss Agate, lots of info on the net about it. Regards Canon

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back