JOHN WILKES BOOTHS FINAL HOURS

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
JOHN WILKES BOOTH'S FINAL HOURS

JOHN WILKES BOOTH'S FINAL HOURS AND
THE POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION OF HIS BODY? ? ?http://members.aol.com/RVSNorton/Lincoln40.html

Lieutenant Luther Baker (a detective) yelled, "Surrender, or we'll fire the barn and smoke you out like rats! We'll give you five minutes more to make up your minds."
Booth asked for time to decide. Finally, after some more give and take with the soldiers, Booth yelled, "Well, my brave boys, you can prepare a stretcher for me! I will never surrender!"

Look at the map in site.....looks like great hunting spots!

Upvote 0
Re: JOHN WILKES BOOTH'S FINAL HOURS

Did you see the movie, The ordeal of DR. Mudd? Dennis Weaver plays DR. Samuel Mudd, a Maryland DR. who attended Booth when he was on the run. DR. Mudd was accused of being one of Booth's gang, and was imprisoned.

"You're Name Is Mudd" I have an 1865 Philadelphia Inquirer which boasts an add for a lithograph of Lincoln in the booth with Booth behind with gun to head and the devil behind Booth with a pitchfork egging him on. Price of coloured litho?? 2 bucks..........

HH root

Did you know that in later life, a guy in Oklahoma admitted that he was Booth. I agree with that. Even though there is no known connection of
Booth with KGC, but many think the KGC certainly have aided Booth in
his escape.

Howso

I don't remember ever hearing of it, but did they ever determine if the guy in the barn had a broken leg? HH

rvbvetter said:
? ?I don't remember ever hearing of it, but did they ever determine if the guy in the barn had a broken leg?? ? ? ?HH
From what I've heard Booth broke his femur jumping from the box to the stage and Mudd treated him for that injury.

HH,

root

I was a kid when I saw the movie, so I don't remember too much about what happened. I do remember I liked it. I would like to see it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back