John Deere toy tractor🚜 Today's finds

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, today I was exploring a possible future site of a 1870's homestead. I spent A few hours poking around to see if I could come up with some clues of the right location. Right off the bat I began finding targets that represent activity at the site. So now I will definitely go back and explore further.
Pulled some shot gun headstamps, square nails and a old John Deere toy tractor. I always like finding old toys, if anybody knows a year on this tractor please let me know. I definitely like vintage John Deere items I found a lapel pin a while back that was pretty old. I lived very close to where the original John Deere started in Grand Detour IL.

Thanks for looking at today's finds!
HH

Attachments

• IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    904.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Upvote 14
A great exploratory hunt. Hoping you get back in there and find the mother lode. Good luck on your future hunts there.:thumbsup:

Cool finds! 8-)

Nice set of relics there - congrats and good luck!

THE OLE TOYS ARE THE NEEETEST RELICS TO FIND...

I see old stuff here. Worth a trip back there for sure. Love the old Johnny Popper as I call them two cylinder John Deere's. They make the most unique sound that you know what's coming down the road way before you see it.:icon_thumright: Kinda' like a Green & Yellow Harley!:headbang: BTW, some friends and myself hunted the John Deere sight in Gand Detour and found nothing much. Probably not the first ones there. Grand Detour does have some old history and we have gathered some of it up for sure.:icon_thumright:

Nice addition to your toy collection.

very cool toy, gotta love them. you just know that it was played with hard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back