Jewelry Galore at fairgrounds

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
This is a span over the last 3 evenings. I hunted for about 7 hours total.
Been hunting the fairgrounds for past couple years and mainly only find clad & a piece of jewelry here & there, but I finally found the hot spots.
In one evening I found 6 rings.
A lot of this is bling, but did score a few pieces of silver. Silver ring, that little eagle pin is silver & that Mexico 925 linkage/pendant.
Wasn’t able to get all my finds into the 1st photo because I had already gave the keys away.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    596.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    735 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    736.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2094.jpeg
    IMG_2094.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2095.jpeg
    IMG_2095.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2096.jpeg
    IMG_2096.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2098.jpeg
    IMG_2098.jpeg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2099.jpeg
    IMG_2099.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2100.jpeg
    IMG_2100.jpeg
    884.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2101.jpeg
    IMG_2101.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1881.jpeg
    IMG_1881.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1683.jpeg
    IMG_1683.jpeg
    807.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1650.jpeg
    IMG_1650.jpeg
    835.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1668.jpeg
    IMG_1668.jpeg
    923.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1669.jpeg
    IMG_1669.jpeg
    724.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1673.jpeg
    IMG_1673.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 89
Upvote 37
That's great that you were able to help her like that. Sorry to hear about her husband. That's way too young.

That's great that you were able to help her like that. Sorry to hear about her husband. That's way too young.
Yeah, it felt good giving them to her. Yes they would have displayed nicely on my display shelf, but she was so thrilled to get them.
I sell on eBay full time & in a middle of a divorce so she comes every Monday to help me get the shipment out. Mondays are my biggest shipment day. Got to ship everything that sells over the weekend.
It’s hard doing eBay full time by yourself! Didn’t realize how much paperwork, answering questions etc there is.
If I’m not out picking then at home listing. If I’m not listing then I'm shipping. If I'm not doing any of those then I'm answering questions….lol.
Wouldn’t trade my job for anything tho.!
Absolutely love it.

I obviously allow a couple hours a day to metal detect. Haha

Been hunting the fairgrounds for past couple years and mainly only find clad & a piece of jewelry here & there, but I finally found the hot spots.
A lot of this is bling, but did score a few pieces of silver. Silver ring, that little eagle pin is silver & that Mexico 925 linkage/pendant.
Wasn’t able to get all my finds into the 1st photo because I had already gave the keys away.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

What a great spot! Congrats on all that treasuređź‘Ť

Looks like success!! Congrats on your finds !!

Congrats on all the finds.
Looking at the finds the rings are the same and that would indicate that it might be a vendor spill, or a prize for a carni game.
Condolences to your friend-that's just too young for a loss.

Nice going :) Did you wear out your digging tool ?
LOL

Congrats on all the finds.
Looking at the finds the rings are the same and that would indicate that it might be a vendor spill, or a prize for a carni game.
Condolences to your friend-that's just too young for a loss.
I definitely agree.
I was hunting the fairgrounds & you can see exactly where they had their vendor tents set up because the grass was dead in those areas.
There is 2 vendors that are about 20 yards apart & both sell jewelry. Some bling & some silver. Those 3 identical rings was found within a 5’ circle. To bad those weren’t the silver rings…lol
The old man has been setting up at the exact location for the past 30 years & he makes all kinds of jewelry out of silver. He obviously buys & sells bling also.
I found 5-6 tags that had fallen off the rings/jewelry that were marked “STER $35-$45 each”.
I’m guessing that Navajo looking Mexico 925 piece could have been one of them.
Idk.

LOL
My little shovel is the new by Predator 21 Phantom & my hand digger is made by Excalibur (Key Date Kid) so they won’t wear out, but I get what your saying..lol
Yes, I dug 100’s of plugs.
LOL

Side note: I hunt with the Legend & about 70% we’re all very low VDI #’s. Like 18-23.
The silver ring rang up an exact 40 so thought I was going to be digging a Zinc penny, but the #’s never wavered like the zincs do. Zincs will bounce from 38-41 almost every time.
I’d rather dig a pull tan than a zinc….lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back