Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I went to Florida to help our daughter and her husband move and get settled. They moved for his work and he recently had shoulder surgery and cannot use his right arm so we became the extra arm needed. It was summer in Florida so the low was around 80 and the highs were in the upper 90s with a heat index of well over 100 every day so I went out before dawn and detected until I was soaked with sweat.

All together I spent 7 mornings working the beach parks in the Melbourne Beach area for a total of 19.5 hours. Overall the beaches were pretty clean with a few good spots for coins, but not a lot of jewelry and nothing special jewelry wise. With the Equinox I found 129 coins with a face value of $10.77, lots of bottle caps, tabs and foil.

DSCN2664.jpeg

DSCN2665.jpeg

DSCN2666.jpeg

We had a chance to drive up to Cape Canaveral for a few days and I spent 3 hours with the CZ21 (battery died on the Equinox) and 6 hours with the Equinox. In all I found 79 coins with a face value of $6.45. Again tabs, foil and bottle caps, but not as many as in Melbourne Beach.

DSCN2669.jpeg

DSCN2671.jpeg

I did find one beach with lots of cans someone had buried scattered around as they partied. Luckily I have a big side bag I made from an old pair of jeans that allows me to take all of that with me. The bags are easy to make and the belt I use for the bag holds all y other tools as well.

IMG_6494.jpeg

I did find 2 quarters and a nickel in coin returns and a few other coins as I walked around.

DSCN2672.jpeg

The best finds from this trip were the little friends I found along the way.

IMG_6491.jpeg

Lined tree snail (only a half inch long)

IMG_6485.jpeg

IMG_6483.jpeg

Atlantic ghost crab on the surface and under the sand hiding from me.

IMG_6462.jpeg

loggerhead sea turtle freshly hatched on his way to the ocean

IMG_6486.jpeg

IMG_6488.jpeg

The mornings can be beautiful.

I had started a long winded post with a day by day description of the beaches and the finds, but I just got too busy since I got home and so I cut it really short so I could get this posted. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• DSCN2670.jpeg
    DSCN2670.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Upvote 16
That looks like a great trip — love that little crab!

My wife and I went to Florida to help our daughter and her husband move and get settled. They moved for his work and he recently had shoulder surgery and cannot use his right arm so we became the extra arm needed. It was summer in Florida so the low was around 80 and the highs were in the upper 90s with a heat index of well over 100 every day so I went out before dawn and detected until I was soaked with sweat.

All together I spent 7 mornings working the beach parks in the Melbourne Beach area for a total of 19.5 hours. Overall the beaches were pretty clean with a few good spots for coins, but not a lot of jewelry and nothing special jewelry wise. With the Equinox I found 129 coins with a face value of $10.77, lots of bottle caps, tabs and foil.

View attachment 2094424

View attachment 2094425

View attachment 2094426

We had a chance to drive up to Cape Canaveral for a few days and I spent 3 hours with the CZ21 (battery died on the Equinox) and 6 hours with the Equinox. In all I found 79 coins with a face value of $6.45. Again tabs, foil and bottle caps, but not as many as in Melbourne Beach.

View attachment 2094423

View attachment 2094428

I did find one beach with lots of cans someone had buried scattered around as they partied. Luckily I have a big side bag I made from an old pair of jeans that allows me to take all of that with me. The bags are easy to make and the belt I use for the bag holds all y other tools as well.

View attachment 2094434

I did find 2 quarters and a nickel in coin returns and a few other coins as I walked around.

View attachment 2094436

The best finds from this trip were the little friends I found along the way.

View attachment 2094433

Lined tree snail (only a half inch long)

View attachment 2094430

View attachment 2094431

Atlantic ghost crab on the surface and under the sand hiding from me.

View attachment 2094429

loggerhead sea turtle freshly hatched on his way to the ocean

View attachment 2094435

View attachment 2094432

The mornings can be beautiful.

I had started a long winded post with a day by day description of the beaches and the finds, but I just got too busy since I got home and so I cut it really short so I could get this posted. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Papa's got a brand new bag...James Brown
Cool bag!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back