Jet questions

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How do the proline jets hold up?
The plastic cone that has the short metal jet bolted to the end are the one's I'm questioning about ?

My 6" jet is shot and I was thinking about making a large metal sleeve and using sch80 PVC to build something like proline's setup
Just don't know how long they hold up ..

I'm alway having to replace jets I get about a year out if them and there shot ! The beat out a spot right behind where the jet welds to the log .

Have A friend with a proline he's never had a single problem but he also doesn't put the hours in that I do so I'm not sure if it hold up better or not ..

Any other ideas about repairing the would be helpful .
Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
years ago I helped a friend build a jet for his 8 . he was having the same problem. what his idea was to build the jet out of stainless steel. stainless is a pain to work with but it worked. no more Adams apples growing on the jet. I built my jet for my 10 out of 10 gage steel added a ½ in piece bottom 1/3 of the jet. it has slowed down the wear problem.

bill

John "Hoser" Oates has a drawing of the jet you need to build!this jet will eliminate the "bulge" you get when useing a single supply jet. the jet you have must be made of thin material to have to replace/repair it every year!!! and you must be doing a LOT of dredgeing also!!!i have a jet similar to Johns on my 4 inch dredge,and its made of PVC plastic and ive been useing it for 10 years and it still has great suction! i think itll outlast me!

russau said:
John "Hoser" Oates has a drawing of the jet you need to build!this jet will eliminate the "bulge" you get when useing a single supply jet. the jet you have must be made of thin material to have to replace/repair it every year!!! and you must be doing a LOT of dredgeing also!!!i have a jet similar to Johns on my 4 inch dredge,and its made of PVC plastic and ive been useing it for 10 years and it still has great suction! i think itll outlast me!

Jets iv been destroying are keene's factory stuff ! Tough iv been putting in a few hours under water. I would say the new jets iv bought are thicker tha they use to be ...
And i dredge by a theory that I'm better off running the snot out of these machines moving more materal to offset the looses by not metering or running slower ...
Tried it both ways and its seems to pay better running the piss out of them at least with this 6"

Thanks ill try to get in touch with Hoosier

High time for you to post some pictures of the gold that big triple is recovering.

Oakview2 said:

Well I don't dredge here in tn and don't think it would be worth the investment of time ! There r only a few places to go and too many regs already in place for me ...
This was primarily caused by our local gpaa chapter vice president if I understand it right ....
Now hes claiming to be the local hero by setting up a state permit so we can't break the rules like he did ..
He was tress passing on private property and running a dredge without permission from the land owner also running a illeagel size that broke rules that were already I place !!!! I go to Alabama ,ga and North Carolina but mostly to Alabama
Ill post some pic of the gold later when I get back home !
Iv not been in the water much this year because of all the rain . It's been a non stop rainy season this year ! Crazy amount of rain
Not all at one time but steady keeping the rivers flowing hard enough I don't want to be in them ....
Probably won't make it back in the water to dredge until sept... It's lobster time ;)

Thou I had the idea of using the 6 to suck the lobster up ! ;)

Jets iv been destroying are keene's factory stuff ! Tough iv been putting in a few hours under water. I would say the new jets iv bought are thicker tha they use to be ...
And i dredge by a theory that I'm better off running the snot out of these machines moving more materal to offset the looses by not metering or running slower ...
Tried it both ways and its seems to pay better running the piss out of them at least with this 6"

Thanks ill try to get in touch with Hoosier

What position are you running the jet at? 12 O'clock so that it blasts the gravels into the opposite wall and wears it out? Or are you turning it to the 3 or 9 position?

Jason in Enid said:
What position are you running the jet at? 12 O'clock so that it blasts the gravels into the opposite wall and wears it out? Or are you turning it to the 3 or 9 position?

It sits about 10 or 10:30 but its not wearing out the opposite side it's the same side right behind the were the jet welds to the log.
Also theres so much presure that I don't believe it would mater what position it's in ! The jet flips or tumbles the rocks and drive them back to the same side that the jets sits on the log also it's not gravel doing the dirty work its the large rocks coming thru.
All of my jets including 4" have done the same thing but this latest one on my 6" has alot of up hill angle as its a crash box or semi crash as some like to say....

Oakview2 said:
High time for you to post some pictures of the gold that big triple is recovering.

Here ya go...
Prob close to a oz

Attachments

• image-2275092003.jpg
    image-2275092003.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image-95149574.jpg
    image-95149574.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1091367405.jpg
    image-1091367405.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2680929521.jpg
    image-2680929521.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 107
Pushed up in the corner

Looks like I need a clinic for getting the lead out !

Attachments

• image-989919042.jpg
    image-989919042.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back