jet flair or crash box??

both are good devices depending on its application. crash boxs are great for clay or gravels that are stuck together.but they are very turbulant and not so good on finer gold. flairs are good for good suction and reduceing the pressure/speed of the material being sucked up, creating a somewhat low pressure area,preparing/slowing down and spreading out the material for the riffels. so asking which is better cant really be answered unless you describe the stream your working.

good reply russ , crash box with an under current is what I run. great for hard pack,and clays and the under current helps with fine retention.Some people love the flairs ,I have always run crash boxes .Nothing against them just personal preference .

Did ya'all know there is a semi flare header also??? Half crash and half sized flair is what I run-look at pix I sent ya Russau. Lay the box flatter and run a little slower and it's a flare--incline and turn way up and smash and crash old school. Keene made them for many years and I have my old school straight crash in the shed for the day when needed,15 minutes and back in place-cool tools and definately luv my over unders as our PESCO innovation--- tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back