Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
[h=1]MCCAIN, SCHUMER SAY GUN CONTROL WILL GET ANOTHER VOTE THIS YEAR[/h]
mccain_schumer_whisper_AP.jpg

Email Article
Print ArticleSend a Tip

by AWR HAWKINS 25 Apr 2013 258POST A COMMENT VIEW DISCUSSION
contributor-80x100-awrhawkins.png
[h=2]In comments made on April 25, Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) both said they were saddened gun control didn't pass on April 17 but assured reporters the measures would be brought up for another vote some time this year.[/h]"I think we will bring the bill back before the end of the year... lots of Senators who thought it was safe to vote against it [on April 17] because of the intensity [pro-gun groups] are not so sure anymore," Schumer said.
Schumer said the intensity for gun control has increased since the failed vote for gun control legislation, and he thinks Americans are now "intense" in their desire for more gun control.
McCain concurred, saying, "I... agree with Chuck that I think the issue will come back." McCain supported the Manchin/Toomey gun control "compromise" the first time around; he said the toughest part of pushing it is that "Second Amendment defenders" are very active.
Contrary to claims that momentum has shifted in favor of more gun control, national polls show an ever-increasing drop in public support for gun laws. A recent USA Today pollshowed that support for stricter gun control fell from 61% in February to 49% by April 21.
Moreover, Democrat Senators in red states running for re-election in 2014 know their political well-being depends on defending the 2nd Amendment.

Poster boys for senility? They are both dreaming. New polls show less people want gun control now...

they will either need to be prepared to introduce the bill on a moments notice,
and send it out right after the next psycho goes on a rampage with a gun.

or manufacture an incident as soon as the bill is ready,
while people are still crying and pumping their chests ,
instead of thinking.

one thing about most people, they get all upset, and
Blame whatever they can strike out at during a crisis.

But during and after a good nights sleep they use their brain,
and common sense takes over. at least in most cases 8-)

It's sad to see McCain go from a Viet Nam vet/ POW to a paid off puppet.

This is a man I used to respect. Now he needs to marry Jane Fonda

(Songbird) McCain as he was called in the prison by his fellow Americans..... was never any good....but one of the problems in this country.
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back