DSCF8013.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • DSCF8014.JPG
    DSCF8014.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • DSCF8016.JPG
    DSCF8016.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 77
It has no maker's marks . I guess you put a bait fish on the hook - it triggers the spring grabber ....
=======
My grandfather was a fisherman after he retired and he gave me the same identical item for my tackle box eons ago. Wicked set up. He said it was to help catch the fish and prevent from loosing them. I have never seen another one until you posted it. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Jamrul, sans-serif] [/FONT]creskol, thanks for that link. My grandfather was from around Kansas City, Missouri so if that was made in Oskaloosa, Iowa maybe it was mostly a regional item. :dontknow: Still nice to see another one.

Upvote 0
Man.....and all my life I've just been using a normal old hook !! This contraption could have doubled my catch numbers !! I need some of those !!

Upvote 0
Congrats mojjax cool find!

Nice work creskol!

This would be great for fish with real soft mouths like flounder, eh Blak bart?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is what I think it is .....but an Australian buddy of mine described how they used a simple contraption that they Imported from america to control the dingoes in sheep country. He described the device shown, and said they would hang these baited hooks on the top wire of the barbed wire fence by the hundred. The dingo would approach and jump up to get the bait and get hooked and spiked in the same motion. They would ride the fence line in the morning and shoot the ones that weren't already dead. Talk about silence in the room.....everyone sitting there with there mouths open going.....what ??? Just normal everyday Australian sheep farming stuff to him !!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back