jar of wheat!!!!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
while doing a demo job for work(a fire demo)was cleaning out alot of the home owners house and came across a jug of wheat pennies today!!!put it? aside for them to see and asked them if theyd take 10 bucks for it?sure? take it they insisted i took them so a layed a 10 spot on them and they were just like "no,no,no" me "yes,yes,yes" take the ten bucks!they agreed and well most of what ive found so far alot of 40s,50s and about 20 55s so far ,some stuff uncirc so very happy!!!!!!!!
ne one got a wheat penny site i can check prices on? thanks all!!? ? ? dekalb 33 probally 15 bucks worth so ton to go threw!thanks kids!

Upvote 0
That sounds like a great swap!

You gonna be busy with that!

;)

u know how long you'd have to md to get all that wheat ??? - nice find - mding makes u look for change in the weirdest places and find it at the most obvious - congrats - LBP -

delkalb33,
If you want an accurate value then don't use the PCGS website they are HIGHLY over-inflated on their prices. On average wheaties go for .05-.20 cents apiece with the ones you want to look for 1909-S-VDB, 1914-D, 1955 double die and a few others. You can find out the rare ones by using the PCGS website to find the ones whose values seem high, but their prices don';t actually reflect what someone would come close to paying you in value. I really don't know why they don't get in line with Coinworld's "Coin Values" (a much better monthly indicator of "Value").

Who says you need a detector to find treasure.... ;) Sounds like you scored there.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

coinshooter, that's what I was trying to achieve, just to show what other rare ones are out there. In my neck of the woods, you can get a roll of wheats for about $1.25 for 40's & 50's.

well doing some more demo work and more moving of things, etc.(dumpster tossing).well came across a jar of silver coins, O MY GOD !!i went numb could'nt fell my fingers that wre holding it!!went to the home owner with this "find" offered them $150 for it they said theyd talk it over? so will see im not getting my hopes up but will see!lots of washingtons some buff. nickels, war nickels lots o mercs "sigh"

That's an excellent find. But, seems like everyone replying is forgetting something HUGE. With cache's like this inside the home, you definately need to try to get permission from the nice owners to hunt the exterior property with a good detector. Sounds like this site needs to be grid and searched.
Good luck.
xXx

Boy Dekalb I would love to see that Jar of silver. I hope they at least give you a finders fee. Good Luck and great post. HH

Thats real cool !! post some pics.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back