japs treasure inside bombshell?

greenapple

Dec 1, 2006
can anybody share any experience of finding treasure inside a bombshell?
it seems to me that almost all treasure sites here in PI have either water traps,poison traps and bomb traps,
but I'm having doubts if indeed some japs soldier used this bombs to conceal some of their booties as this bombs
will really scare most treasure hunters,its safe to say that no one will dare to open it except those really experts on ww2 bombs.
yet if i am ww2 japs soldier these bombs will be perfect hiding place for my stash(provided i am an expert for the bombs being used).
happy egg hunting to all

Re: Japanese treasure inside bombshell?

OHIO Green Aples: A regulation bomb does not have any space inside of it for hiding anything?? The explosive is cast into it.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. ask my firend Zobex

greenapple said:
it seems to me that almost all treasure sites here in PI have either water traps,poison traps and bomb traps,
but I'm having doubts if indeed some Japanese soldier used this bombs to conceal some of their booties as this bombs
will really scare most treasure hunters,its safe to say that no one will dare to open it except those really experts on ww2 bombs.
yet if i am ww2 Japanese soldier these bombs will be perfect hiding place for my stash(provided i am an expert for the bombs being used).
happy egg hunting to all
Yeah,a good place to hide some diamond or powder Gold ???have heared many times from a fellow T.H group,but the problem is how to ID the orig bomb that will explode from a the one with treasure in it?

Attachments

• 100pound new one.JPG
    100pound new one.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 727
  • 100pound rusted one.jpg
    100pound rusted one.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,064

It appears to be a mortar shell , and it looks as if the impact nose fuse has been removed. Still, I would NOT mess with it . If it contains black powder it can be very dangerous.

retread!!!

What a great name!!! Its Cool. Keep on Rolling. TD

joe said:
greenapple said:
but I'm having doubts if indeed some Japanese soldier used this bombs to conceal some of their booties as this bombs
yet if i am ww2 Japanese soldier these bombs will be perfect hiding place for my stash(provided i am an expert for the bombs being used).
happy egg hunting to all
Yeah,a good place to hide some diamond or powder Gold ???have heared many times from a fellow T.H group,but the problem is how to ID the orig bomb that will explode from a the one with treasure in it?
yes one good reason to hide the stash inside the bomb is it's hard to ID it from the one that will explode,in any scenario i wont ever dare to open it just to try my luck finding diamonds or gold inside it,this diamonds/golds not worth for my limbs nonetheless my life.
can anyone confirm this?

Real de Tayopa said:
OHIO Green Aples: A regulation bomb does not have any space inside of it for hiding anything?? The explosive is cast into it.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. ask my firend Zobex
good day amigo jose,if its 100 pounder bomb it may not have room inside the shell but i dont know if its 500 or 1000 pounder bomb?maybe this japs bomb can be discarded of its explosives and mechanisms and reassembled after they have hidden something inside it (of course this will look like a live bomb again)and they may lay it along the path or inside those treasure tunnels to serve as a deterrent or a trap.
i know the very knowledgeable zobex will give his ten cent comment soon.
hola don jose
start tilting windmills again...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back