00u0u_hLL3RKKehR2_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 00202_9gn6D0vcCEL_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    00202_9gn6D0vcCEL_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 00606_1UMfplnJSA7_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    00606_1UMfplnJSA7_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 60
Interesting. My guess is it could have been a war momento. Either taken during the war in the Pacific or during the Japanese occupation.

Upvote 2
I would expect to see some identification marks on the blade.

It looks like a Bird Head Pommel Saber.

Could you please show the full sword in images please?

Upvote 2
It's a nice looking piece. As long as it has some identifiable makers marks on the blade, it should clean up nicely.
I guess it all comes down to how much the guy's asking for it. :icon_scratch:

Upvote 1
I’ll stay out. I get too suspicious. It’s probably legit, but if I can’t touch it and I don’t personally know the seller, I keep my money. That is not advice, just Buyer Beware is a rule of mine. It keeps my hindquarters from being so sore later on. Good luck🍀
That's a wise decision. I'm pretty skeptical about this deal because there's so little information. If I go to check it out, I'm not going alone.

Upvote 3
That's a wise decision. I'm pretty skeptical about this deal because there's so little information. If I go to check it out, I'm not going alone.
There are a lot of good people out there. I hate to distrust without a reason, but I can’t tell the bad ones from the good ones at times. A lot of con artists can be quite convincing.

Upvote 4
Yeah, you've always got to question why a seller wouldn't disclose the makers mark, especially when swords are so highly collectible. The low price is definitely a reason to question if it's a reproduction or maybe a reenactment sword. :icon_scratch:

Upvote 1
Yeah, you've always got to question why a seller wouldn't disclose the makers mark, especially when swords are so highly collectible. The low price is definitely a reason to question if it's a reproduction or maybe a reenactment sword. :icon_scratch:
I also think it's possible he has no idea what it is, other than a sword.

Upvote 2
Also, supposing it is real, how much is it worth?

Upvote 0
Devil’s advocate: he said Nice Japanese Sword. Break ir Down by definition: “Nice” is subjective, eye of the beholder. “Sword” is accurate if the item is actually shown in the photo. That leaves Japanese: ok made yesterday as a repro? Made by a person of Japanese descent in San Francisco, etc? I’d say he didn’t lie about it, but possibly misleading as he!!. I hope it’s real.🤞

Upvote 1
Um... that is not a Japanese sword.
That is an 1861 Infantry officers sabre... if i am not mistaken.

Upvote 1
Austrian Infantry Officers Sword... 1861

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back