New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had this piece of artwork for a few years. I acquired it from my mother when my grandparents passed in late 90's. My grandparents were world travelers, there time on earth was quite a different time. I remember asking my grandfather one time just where have you been in your travels, his reply was, " it would be easier to tell you where we haven't been". They had many things from all around the world, this piece of "embroidery" I guess you would call it, came from Japan. I have always been curious as to information about this piece. I have attempted to get info a few years back by e-mailing contacts from the Antiques Roadshow, and another website, only to get no replies what so ever. Yesterday it popped into my head to try here. I'm also going to post this on the "what is it" forum. Thanks in advance for any help or comments. All the people on here have been such a great help in the past few months that I have been on this site.
The only information I have is a little note taped on the back of the frame, put on there by my grandfather. I'm going to put pix, starting with the note, then front, and then the back of framed work opened. The note reads (Ithink) houghton Nikko, Japan Mt. Fuji 1970 (1970 was when they were there)

Thanks for looking, HH
Brad

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Back to the top, try again for anyone that might have any help/info? Thanks in advance, HH.
Brad

If you hold it in front of you a change angles slightly and the whites change to subtle pinks and greys then you have silk. Very nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back