Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The teller calls you by name and says "Hey Ron, come on over here, I have a coin for you", and she hands me a 1962 Franklin ! Years of banking at this one place, has paid off over the years. Now if I could only dig one. Benny is the only Half that I have not dug, up to the Seated series. This was not found coin roll hunting, so I posted it here. If a moderator wants to move it, please feel free. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Attachments

• franklin.JPG
    franklin.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
Upvote 20
Nice score...I was afraid you started your thread to say... Its nice when you walk into the bank and say stick em up!!!

I have yet to find one of those too but I havent beeped a yard in years and that seems to be the place to find them other than banks lol

It's nice to have good relations with your bank and tellers. Nice score.

They are elusive Ive dug 1 Merry Christmas my Friend. Tommy

Great to have someone looking out for you at the bank. Congrats a beautiful half dollar, 56 years old!

It’s always nice to get a face value silver coin. Years ago, my sister worked at the local bank as a teller. She called me one afternoon and said that she had broken open a roll of half’s and that I might be interested in. Yep! Whole roll of Benjamin Frankins for 50 cents a piece. Shes moved on in her career but, I sure wish that she still worked that window!

I don't think my tellers would save me a coin, but one does call me by my first name when I pull up in the drive through. Kinda creeps me since they see so many people, how they manage to remember someones name.

Nice! I haven’t been in a bank in years, but I remember one time I bought a roll of Walking liberty halves from a line teller for $50. One was a key date 1938 d.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back