Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher

Attachments

• troutt.gif
    troutt.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 552
Re: It's me. Well, an ancestor anyway.

Now that's a great, great, great picture! J/K Chris, that's a really neat pic of your family. Have you filed or tried to get a copy of his war records?

Are you sure his name isn't Chris, too? :D

That's a great pic and an interesting link to your family history.

BTW, welcome back!

Jeff,

Funny you should ask if I have a copy of his war records.? When I was a kid, a family friend, who was an author and Civil War historian, presented me with autographed copy of one of his books.

Here is the book:

Sumner County, Tennessee In the Civil War by By Edwin L. Ferguson, Privately Printed by the Author, 1972

It's also available on line at:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~tnsumner/sumnfg1.htm

This book is really special to me because Mr. Ferguson is dead now.? The book contains a complete history, by soldier, of all of the units organized and trained in and round Sumner County, TN. Additionally, it also has hundreds of entries for individual soldiers containing; battles fought, injuries, and were discharged. It's just unfortunate that he passed away before I became obsessed with the "War of Northern Aggression".? I am sure armed with his knowledge of local Middle Tennessee Civil War History, I'd be digging box plates and minies every day!

Chris Reynolds
Senior Chief Petty Officer, USN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back