Its been awhile- CW stuff and a nice seated

U

umrgolf

It's been awhile- CW stuff and a nice seated

It feels great to get back out again :headbang: Home in Missouri, I finally had a chance to take out the new Fisher Gold Bug DP this week, and I've loved it from day 1. Here in my hometown, there were several thousand troops camped for almost the entire civil war. These finds are from 2 hunts, 1 earlier this week and the other yesterday. Finding a lot of CW camp type items and some post-war stuff mixed in. Hope you've all been well :hello:

IMG_0089.JPG

Looks familiar :dontknow:
IMG_0091.JPG

Any ideas here? Brass with leather hooks and gold plating on backside
IMG_0092.JPG

A few pieces of carved lead
IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG IMG_0098.JPG

Upvote 0
Re: It's been awhile

Allow me to be the first to say Welcome Back Jeff :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: dawg

Re: It's been awhile

That's pretty funny to have a 1930s sales tax token in amongst Civil War-era items!
John in ID

Re: It's been awhile- CW stuff and a nice seated

Nice digs Jeff, good to see you getting out again!

Nice group of finds. You don't by chance live around the Rolla or Otterville areas do you?

Les

Thanks for the welcome backs ;D sent you a pm digger

nice to see you back home and back at it.

Love the seated

WB.

:icon_thumleft:

Hey Jeffo!!!
I beleive your one piece is a harness latch.There was several uses for them,(even have heard them called sword hangers)but I,myself have used them on harness

Nice CW Relics and SEATED, Congrats :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ

Hello Jeff! :hello:

Great to have you back and posting great stuff again! :thumbsup:

I see you wasted no time in making some great finds! :laughing7:

In your fourth photo there's a piece of lead that kinda looks like a Teardrop bullet to me? :icon_scratch:

Take care buddy,
Dave

kuger said:
Hey Jeffo!!!
I beleive your one piece is a harness latch.There was several uses for them,(even have heard them called sword hangers)but I,myself have used them on harness

that's why it looked familiar and not obvious, they're normally brass :laughing7: and yes horse harness material.. thanks a lot

ANTIQUARIAN said:
Hello Jeff! :hello:

Great to have you back and posting great stuff again! :thumbsup:

I see you wasted no time in making some great finds! :laughing7:

This piece of lead kinda looks like a Teardrop bullet to me? :icon_scratch:

Take care buddy,
Dave

yes sir, 4 teardrops.. 2 fired, 1 chewed, and one very nice drop

thanks for the kind words guys

Nice Spread of Relics there Brutha, way to get back into the 'swing' of things! I finally just said orget it and am posting from my phone since my computer is still scanning for viruses. Like those teardrops we don't have those out here in the Eastern part of the Confederacy and a nice piece of American Silver; can't go wrong there and she's lookin Good too! Congrats man and can't wait til we can get together the ole J Team again :headbang: :wink:

{Sentinel} said:
Nice Spread of Relics there Brutha, way to get back into the 'swing' of things! I finally just said forget it and am posting from my phone since my computer is still scanning for viruses. Like those teardrops we don't have those out here in the Eastern part of the Confederacy and a nice piece of American Silver; can't go wrong there and she's lookin Good too! Congrats man and can't wait til we can get together the ole J Team again :headbang: :wink:

lookin forward to it, still planning on a spring pre-hunt the week of DIV and DIV that weekend

WOW Jeff! What a come back post! You recovered alot of great relics there. Nice job! :headbang:

very nice dime
:thumbsup:

Steve in PA said:
Took the word's right out of mouth :headbang: Great snag's Jeff........Love the Hanger!!!! :thumbsup:

civilman1 said:
Steve in PA said:
Took the word's right out of mouth :headbang: Great snag's Jeff........Love the Hanger!!!! :thumbsup:

Its not a hanger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back