Its been a while, finally went out and found something need help with ID

blueracer

Aug 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So this is a central florida find. it came from an area that I believe was in use for a very long time. with various ages of artifacts. @Gatorboy, You were a huge help in the past. Could you (or anyone else) enlighten me please? These are my questions:
1. How old might this be judging by its look?
2. Is it a point? or something else?
showing pictures of both sides. both sides are worked.
florida finds 006.jpgflorida finds 015.jpg

Upvote 0
Dang. I was hoping it was a point. could this be paleo?

Dang. I was hoping it was a point. could this be paleo?

fwiw......where i am at a blade is regarded even higher that most points and a lot of the time more rare and cool just sayin'

i would not be disappointed one bit if i had found that......nice find

welcome to the tnet

With what I see as at least one resharpening I would definitely say it is A knife / blade form... if I were to put a name to it ...it would probably be a Tampa; that dates back to the Alachua tradition but could be all the way up to contact.. It's got some patina so I would say there's a good chance it's got some years

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. Larson, I have yet to find an unbroken point here so I was hoping it might have been one, but im happy to find it anyway. :) what might a blade this small be used for?

Don't feel like you didn't find a nice piece because you did a large portion of what people consider projectile points were actually used as blades.
Yours could just be considered a Florida blade similar ones have been found going way way back

Last edited:
;) cutting would make sense. Im just happy its not broken

hey hey at least if you are finding points with damage you can still study them and learn from them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back