Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's Been A Long Time!

Hi all,

After not posting for a while it's great to be here again...I haven't been out for a while, so today I felt up to getting out to swing the coil for a couple of hours. What better way to spend a lazy Sunday, right?

First thing's first...during the summer I found a men's class ring with the guys full name inscribed inside the band...I tried calling the school it was from, but school personnel hadn't yet come in for work. Once school began I was finally able to contact a live human being on the phone ;D
About a week ago, I contacted the Director of Alumni who got in touch with the student through alumni records. The student called me and described the ring. I mailed it to him yesterday! Here's a picture of the ring:

R3-7.jpg

Secondly, my book is selling pretty well and I still have some copies left. Everyone really likes it so far and I've really enjoyed telling people about it. I'll even be doing a talk on treasure hunting next month where I work, and will be displaying what I have found over the last several years. Here's a photo of the front cover:

BOOK.jpg

If you would like an autographed copy, please inquire at [email protected].

Finally, my clad count from this morning's hunt - 33 coins totaling $3.40, along with a small pendant and an old ring.

P1010361.jpg

Hope you all find a little treasure this weekend...

Nat

Re: It's Been A Long Time!

Good to see you back.Have missed your posts and finds.Congratulations on the book and glad it's going so well. :thumbsup:

:icon_thumright:

Good Luck on your book!! You are a fine ambassadors of the goodness of your fellow metal detectors accross the world.

Congrats on the book, that's really cool. I don't get out much, but it's fun just to go out and detect, you never know what you'll come across. Treasure hunting is a sweet hobby for anyone, I love taking my daughter out. Hopefully it will be a hobby she passes on too.

Natman said:
Hope you all find a little treasure this weekend...
My treasure was finding your post!

Great finds, Ringmaster Nat!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Glad to hear you're doing well & I hope the family and the pups are, too!

Nice job on the ring return - I think it deserves an honorable mention! :wink:

Thanks you guys, I appreciate the nice comments!

Kimsdad said:
My treasure was finding your post!

Great finds, Ringmaster Nat!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Glad to hear you're doing well & I hope the family and the pups are, too!

Nice job on the ring return - I think it deserves an honorable mention! :wink:

Thanks Neil, I appreciate the nomination :) Everyone (including the dogs) are fine! Thanks for asking. Who's dog is that on your avatar?

Nat

Natman said:
Who's dog is that on your avatar?
Don't know! :dontknow:

I do know that it's April from upsidedowndogs.com. She was so cute I couldn't resist using her pic for a while! I guess I really need another dog soon.....

Thanks for the Honorable Mention guys.

timbobwey said:
Congrats on the book, that's really cool. I don't get out much, but it's fun just to go out and detect, you never know what you'll come across. Treasure hunting is a sweet hobby for anyone, I love taking my daughter out. Hopefully it will be a hobby she passes on too.

Thank you, and yes you never know what you'll find. Glad you're making it a family affair...hope you and your daughter have many memorable outings in the future.

Kimsdad said:
I guess I really need another dog soon.....

Great idea. Just think of what a great home it would have with you.

Nat

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back