✅ SOLVED It's a timer.... For an antique stove? Something else?

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, it's not very often that I find myself stumped, but I've been searching for a match on this a while now and can't seem to find one..... I know it's a timer, and that it was wired for a light at one time, but beyond that....... I've had this laying around since sometime just after Katrina, it came out of a debris pile or maybe a house we cleared out, I can't remember. It could be from an old timey stove, but it could also have come from a doctor or dentist because I have a big antique medical cabinet that I think may have come from the same place.....

It's enameled cast iron, 27 inches tall, and was once mounted to something. The light socket is long gone, but the timer still works somehow. What I'm trying to find out is : when it was made, what it came off of, if there are people who restore that thing that might be interested in it, or if I should just go ahead and make a base, re wire the light and make a lamp out of it.....

DSCN1336.JPGDSCN1337.JPGDSCN1338.JPGDSCN1339.JPGDSCN1340.JPG

The only markings on the back are what I'm guessing are just casting numbers, 1504 RG. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone is going to recognize it, it'll be someone on this forum.....

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Good ID! I saw a couple like it online but I couldn't find one still mounted to anything. I wanted to make sure it was a stove part before I started calling it one...

Marked as solved!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back