It Only Took A Quarter of the Year, But...

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...I'm finally on the board for some Civil War relics!

A buddy and I got out to a well known and well hunted spot where he used to find a lot of Gallagher Carbine bullets and .69 Cal. Minie Balls. The Gallaghers were mostly found about 100 yards from where we were, but he found a couple in that spot. We hunted for about 20 minutes and I got a good signal that turned out to be a toasty 1889 Indian Head cent. I'm not complaining, as it was my first one of the year. Another half hour or so passed and I got a signal that read in the high 60s on the AT Pro. I dug a plug of dirt and started sifting through it with my fingers and I felt that familiar "heaviness" in my hand. I knew I had a Civil War bullet! It turned out to be my first ever Gallagher Carbine bullet! I walked over to show it to Craig, who was surprised that I found it among all the trash. I walked back to the spot and hit it hard for another 20 minutes and got a high 70s signal. I dug out a plug and saw the imprint of three rings on the dirt. Another Civil War bullet! This one turned out to be a nice side cast, plug cavity .69 Cal. Minie Ball! Another first for me! Another two uneventful hours passed, digging nothing but junk and a couple of wheaties. We decided to call it quits for the day. I was hoping to find more after those first two bullets, but I'm definitely not complaining! Two firsts in one day. I love this hobby! Thanks for looking and HH!

PF

Attachments

• 04022017-1.jpg
    04022017-1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 04022017-2.jpg
    04022017-2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 04022017-3.jpg
    04022017-3.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 10
Comgrats I your first CW lead!!

Nice finds! Those 69s are a big chunk of lead.

HH, RN

Thanks everyone! I know they're not the most exciting things to find, but I'm happy with them! We might go back tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to find a few more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back