Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a silver 1961 Roosevelt awhile back coinstar mining so that may not count for today's post....my foreign coin pile was retrieved this morning while on a morning stop at the local grocery store where I pick up donations for our food bank...I usually check the coinstar there...this morning someone was just finishing up so I headed over only to have another person walk over to pour more coins in....so I left and came back alittle later....and saw the coins just sitting on the counter of the coinstar....I checked later and did manage a $2 Canadian out of the bunch....and 2 British pounds...I really need to visit Canada....and England...it has been awhile since I've been to those countries...

Thanks for viewing! And hope everyone has as good of a Thanksgiving as possible... :)

Attachments

• IMG_20231121_175947066.jpg
    IMG_20231121_175947066.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
There has been lots of travel back and forth between Atlantic Canada and Massachusetts, especially Boston, since the early English colonial period. Many families had and have relatives both places, too. I find similar relics to those found in New England but yours tend to have some older ones among them.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been lots of travel back and forth between Atlantic Canada and Massachusetts, especially Boston, since the early English colonial period. Many families had and have relatives both places, too. I find similar relics to those found in New England but yours tend to have some older ones among them.
Not sure if your post was meant for me... the "relics" bit threw me off....but thank you either way. :)

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My local coinstar is always out of service due to being full. I need to change up my days I go in and check.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My local coinstar is always out of service due to being full. I need to change up my days I go in and check.
That's a good sign it's being used a lot....changing up your days or times sounds like a good plan...

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats I have never got a coin out of any i have checked . I guess i have gave up on them LOL glad you did good :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you may have a little more silver than you thought you had.
Might wanna check those foreign a bit.

Also... if you find older foreign silver take care with them... store them correctly they are on the rise in values in good shape... as with all coins.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a silver 1961 Roosevelt awhile back coinstar mining so that may not count for today's post....my foreign coin pile was retrieved this morning while on a morning stop at the local grocery store where I pick up donations for our food bank...I usually check the coinstar there...this morning someone was just finishing up so I headed over only to have another person walk over to pour more coins in....so I left and came back alittle later....and saw the coins just sitting on the counter of the coinstar....I checked later and did manage a $2 Canadian out of the bunch....and 2 British pounds...I really need to visit Canada....and England...it has been awhile since I've been to those countries...

Thanks for viewing! And hope everyone has as good of a Thanksgiving as possible... :)
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread