It happened again! Yet another honey hole!

41Digger

Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
August is being very kind! Its been three months since the last colonial honey hole, and that one didnt have much but it did have a half cent and an incredible neck stock buckle. Went on a recon mission yesterday to scout three possible sites. the first ended up being a true honey hole! The second was a gorgeous colonial cellar, and barn, but it was hammered hard, and the third was just a really big boulder...The honey hole was only a thousand feet or less from the hammered colonial site... I didnt spend a lot of time yesterday but did dig a few buttons, and a shield nickel. One of the buttons was a very old pewter that definitely something on it at one time.... I only used reactivity 0 so i knew there had to be a lot more there, just needed to start separating. Got the key hole escutcheon, and KG3 right off , then mostly buttons. I was getting ready to leave when the shoe buckle frame came up and then the Massachusetts state copper! I have dreamed of digging one of these for a very long time...
20240823_222155.jpg
20240823_162342.jpg
20240823_222218.jpg
20240823_222232.jpg

Upvote 28
Congratulations on the coppers.
Got to give that 0 Reactivity a tip of the hat, liking it alot.

Nice ones. Thanks for posting.

August is being very kind! Its been three months since the last colonial honey hole, and that one didnt have much but it did have a half cent and an incredible neck stock buckle. Went on a recon mission yesterday to scout three possible sites. the first ended up being a true honey hole! The second was a gorgeous colonial cellar, and barn, but it was hammered hard, and the third was just a really big boulder...The honey hole was only a thousand feet or less from the hammered colonial site... I didnt spend a lot of time yesterday but did dig a few buttons, and a shield nickel. One of the buttons was a very old pewter that definitely something on it at one time.... I only used reactivity 0 so i knew there had to be a lot more there, just needed to start separating. Got the key hole escutcheon, and KG3 right off , then mostly buttons. I was getting ready to leave when the shoe buckle frame came up and then the Massachusetts state copper! I have dreamed of digging one of these for a very long time...View attachment 2165337View attachment 2165338View attachment 2165339View attachment 2165340
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back