Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my artifact field. Managed to get out to the field again today, only found a few flakes & 1 scraper. The whole field is covered with silt and the cattle have been miring it up big time. Since we had more high water than wind, I'm looking forward to the day when I can venture down river to the middens.

419312_2326122010226_1072768138_n.jpg 524380_2316578691649_1627134174_n.jpg This pic is of my road. We were fortunate that the water came within 8' of coming in my house and no closer. Many, many are out of their homes period. Being on a dead end road, our only way in or out was by bateau or pirogue.

Upvote 0
River Rat, my heart goes out to you folks. I think I would find another place to live, if I lived there. Best wishes, GH, Don

glad to see you are back
something good is waiting for you on your next hunt

Glad to see your home didn't flood. Up here in MO we got enough of Issac to do some flash flooding. a friend said she had 2 & 1/2 " in 30 min! that was just the remnants of Issac. I can't even imagine what it was like for you folks. hope all that water in your field exposes some treasures

Wow glad you guys are ok..hopefully after all the heartache it will bring forth good fruit! Good luck on finding some artifacts when the water gone!

Johnathan Griswold

Good to hear from you! I kept thinking about you over there. Things should get REAL interesting as the water receeds.

Back in 1994 we flooded here in Southwest Georgia. I think it is the biggest disaster in the history of our state. 2nd only to Jimmy Carter. The Flint River became over a mile wide in some places and moved a lot of things around. After the water went down we found tons of artifacts. Sure don't wish a flood on anyone but I bet you will find nice items soon. Good luck and be safe!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back