wavelord

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2024

Attachments

• buckle.png
    buckle.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 17
I have no idea what it is or date BUT WELCOME to treasurenet !!

I have no idea what it is or date BUT WELCOME to treasurenet !!
It's half of a buckle similar to these. These being "Tudor" 17th century examples. I said late but examples where found on Henry VIII's sunken ship the Mary Rose which went down inbthe earlier part of that century.

Attachments

• 20221001_112335.jpg
    20221001_112335.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 14
It's half of a buckle similar to these. These being "Tudor" 17th century examples. I said late but examples where found on Henry VIII's sunken ship the Mary Rose which went down inbthe earlier part of that century.

The Mary Rose sank in the 16th Century (1545) and Henry VIII died two years later. The Tudor period only just reached into the 17th Century, ending with the death of Elizabeth I in 1603.

Nice find though.

The Mary Rose sank in the 16th Century (1545) and Henry VIII died two years later. The Tudor period only just reached into the 17th Century, ending with the death of Elizabeth I in 1603.

Nice find though.
Sorry no my fault I meant to say I think the date ofnth3 buckle is late 16th century rather than 17th. Like thosr buckles I showed.

Great find! I would agree with some of the other posters. I would guess your piece dates to the latter 1600's.

Nice. Were you on the merry hill or rockyhock side? Supposedly there was some very early (lost colony) type activity near you
rockyhock side. is the merryhill side pounded? That is what I hear. I've only been detecting 4 years and live in FL, but hit up NC when I visit my mom

rockyhock side. is the merryhill side pounded? That is what I hear. I've only been detecting 4 years and live in FL, but hit up NC when I visit my mom
Not sure. Never detected within 20 miles of the river but deer hunt close to either side. Wife is from that general area and have several close family friends on your side, a little north. Always wanted to try detecting there, but timing never works out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back