Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Largecent01302 001 copy.jpg
    Largecent01302 001 copy.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 130
Think that's just an illusion, and what looks like letters/design appears raised not stamped. I've also never seen a coin stamped so weak there would only be a trace of detail.

Upvote 0
Think that's just an illusion, and what looks like letters/design appears raised not stamped. I've also never seen a coin stamped so weak there would only be a trace of detail.

Thank you for your professional insight, I believe you are correct. :sadsmiley:

Keep @ it and HH !! :notworthy:

Upvote 0
Wow I hate you for how amazing the condition Is on her did you dig it and if so what state ?

Upvote 0
hi I'm still learning about coin, are you thinking this coin is counterfeit? and do you think it was
counterfeited to pass as the coin at link,thanks for any info

1822 Large Cent - Newcomb 14

a discussion on i think same coin about counterfeited
1822 counterfeit Large Cent - Coin Community Forum

I don't believe my coin is counterfeit, what exactly are you saying ? Please elaborate a little ?
Trying to figure out what charatoristics makes up the Newcomb 14 Type... ??
Are you saying I could have a very valuable coin ? My Red Book say's its worth $25 ??

Keep @ it and HH !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't believe my coin is counterfeit, what exactly are you saying ? Please elaborate a little ?
Are you saying I could have a very valuable coin ? My book say's its worth $20 ??

Keep @ it and HH !!

Think he read "counter stamped" as meaning "counterfeit." He wasn't implying your coin was counterfeit, he thought maybe you were.

Upvote 0
Are you saying I could have a very valuable coin ? My book say's its worth $20 ??

Keep @ it and HH !!

no i thought you were thinking it was a counterfeit,is why you were asking about the counter stamp
and found that discussion,thought you would like to read it HH

Upvote 0
Well, I'm curious now... What are these newcomb examples and how do you tell them apart ??
Keep @ it and HH !!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back