Is this earring stamped .750

RobMc

Oct 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initially I thought it was stamped .750, with some rub wear on the 0. However, both earring have the exact mark. I donā€™t think the diamond is real, leading me to think itā€™s not 18k.
IMG_4998.JPGIMG_4995.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added a pic of the fronts. Yes, thatā€™s a gold tooth lol!

Upvote 0
IMG_5024.JPG

Upvote 0
Ty, but any idea on the stamp?

Upvote 0
I see 75Cz , do you have a loupe? Use a small needle and scratch the backside interior to
see if its electroplated.

Upvote 0
Scratched it. Still gold color.

Upvote 0
Gold with high percentage of Copper= Rose Gold could carry the 750 mark, I have a number of Rose gold items was common in the 40's-50's. If you want Purple Gold, I add 7% pure aluminum, Brittle as heck though.Make you any color of the rainbow alloy.

Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

Thatā€™s an Italian hallmark for 750K gold (18 Karat). The ā€™38 VAā€™ mark is the registration number of the jeweller and the city of registration. ā€˜VAā€™ is for Varese and ā€˜38ā€™ is for Colombo & Tursi of Corso Sempione 74, Gallarate.

From 1934, the format was a ā€˜fascioā€™ (an axe wrapped by a bundle of rods as a symbol of fascism) in the centre of the lozenge between the letters and the numbers, but the fascio was dropped in 1944 so the earrings are from after that change. Colombo & Tursi had registrations between 1938-1949 and then seem to have gone out of business, since there are no registrations between 1955 and 1971.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back