IS THIS EAGLE COLONIAL

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20150223_092842497.jpgTHIS ITEM FOUND BY BRIAN. THIS EAGLE WAS FOUND AT A COLONIAL SITE IN N.C. THAT WAS BURNED BY TARLETON ON HIS WAY FROM COWANS FORD TO SALISBURY DURING THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR. AFTER THIS PLANTATION WAS BURNED ANOTHER MANSION WAS BUILT ON THE SITE IN 1823 AND IS STILL INHABITED. THE PATRIOT MILITIA MUSTERED AT THIS SITE AND IT WAS USED AS SUCH THROUGH THE CIVIL WAR. THE EAGLE HAS ONE WING BROKE OFF,AND NO WE COULDNT FIND IT. THE BOTTOM IS THREADED SO WERE THINKING MAYBE A FINIAL OF SOME TYPE. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS TODDIMG_20150223_092827225.jpgNO MARKINGS ON EITHER SIDE

Don't know what the ell it is but I sure like it.vanzutphen

Upvote 0
looks like it might have went on the tip of a flagstaff,I wouldn't know how to date it,but it looks old to me.It is neat whatever it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll give it a bump,maybe someone who knows what it is might be around.can be slow around here at times.i am curious because of its crudeness,looks very old imo.

Upvote 0
It appear's a wing is missing,The closet i could find concerning"colonial" eagle's is a "JETTON" style that is on button's&coin's( tokens )...My first thought was a cast iron shooting gallery peice,Just MY thought.But doe's look to have been on top of something at one time..( cast iron gate??? ).Better pic's would help.Is that paint or lead splatter?? One pic is of a shooting gallery target...That i added,The other a coin.

Attachments

• 080826006bz.jpg
    080826006bz.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 03-01.jpg
    03-01.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back