Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 403
Looks like it could be the front of a buckle, bet someone will know for sure. Nice find

Upvote 0
Federal sword belt plate, 1874

Upvote 0
Forgot to mention its a little bigger than a credit cars about the size of a buckle.

Upvote 0
csa2k nailed it... :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• P1826A.jpg
    P1826A.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0
us military INDAIN WAR ERA - model of 1874 sword belt buckle * remember custer was killed in 1876 - * calvary often had swords --that is a buckle from the indain wars era time frame from the "old west" days -- prices vary -- like selling things in general goes --a lot depends upon who is buying and who is selling and the overall condition of the item in general -- prices -- a littles as you will take for it -to as much as they will pay for it -- when those two ends meet --thats "what its worth at that time and place between those two people " -- of course depending upon which two people and when and where --prices will swing up and down -- great find -- it should be worth a bit of dough

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info guys, I hardly ever sell anything I find especially old military stuff. I was just curiouse as to how much it would be worth in this condition.

Upvote 0
Google M1874 Sword Belt Plate and see if there are any hits. It will be worth less than the Civil War ones, because of demand. It's a great relic for any display case though, and it is in great condition unlike others I have seen dug.

Regards,

Buck

Upvote 0
It's worth as much as anyone is willing to pay on ebay or any similar auction. The backplate is missing and it is in pretty poor condition, so I would guess only a collector would be interested enough to pay a whole lot. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back