✅ SOLVED is this an Old Toy Gun

Randy769

Sep 27, 2013
S/E Tennesse
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is this an old toy gun or something else. It was found at an old home site that I have dug several round balls and 3 ringers..This item was approx 4 to 6 inches deep

IMG_8665.JPGIMG_8666.JPG

I was going to say cap mechanisim from a toy rifle, but breeze has a good idea, Tony

I watched Gone With The Wind the other night. We lost again!!

Upvote 0
I was going to say cap mechanisim from a toy rifle, but breeze has a good idea, Tony

I watched Gone With The Wind the other night. We lost again!!

Tony, I feel your pain! :) Breezie

Upvote 0
I believe you are correct, it looks a lot like a feeding mechanism from a cap gun (or rifle, but the same mechanism can be used in either in some cases). Here's one in a pistol, which although not a match, gives the general idea, and notes that the same was used in the Nichols tommy gun (scroll down a bit on page); Kusan Toy Cap Gun Scrapbook
i think the parts in your other thread "are these gun parts?" could be from the same item. Were they found in the same proximity?

Upvote 0
Does look like what's left of a old cap gun. How sad I got when I ran out of caps and mom wouldn't buy me more or the no good piece a crap fell apart. Life when your out a bullets and your gun fell apart...Thanks for that memory!

Upvote 0
Benz is correct. It is the cap chamber of some type of Luger cap gun. Good eye! I'll delete my other post as not to cause in confusion for future readers.

:)
Breezie

lugar2.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back